“Let's be honest as possible”
Review of La Vaca

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2021

Really lovely food (on the whole) and tasty. I really enjoyed the sharing Parillada - sharing plate for 2. Bravas was very poor... a couple of boiled potatoes and tasteless sauce. Not to mention the disappointing service. The wine was tasty and well priced. The tbone was cooked blue rather than rare. I would come back due to some of the food being fairly priced, great location and good portions. I'd be careful not to order certain items though. Also please try and ask the staff to take orders quicker as I don't expect to wait half an hour to get a drink.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (561)

Reviewed 17 August 2021

went as a family on a Saturday evening for the first time. It looks more like a cheap cafe from a few decades ago and not a restaurant. not sure what the point is of seeing the grill, as you can't actually see your food being cooked.
the starter was good, the steak was good (not great) and it was tricky to get the salad out of the salad bowl, as so much had been packed in. we paid £75 for 2 adults and a child, which I thought was astronomical for this place. to make it worse, the waitress dropped food on my lap in error as everyone stared in horror and we didn't even get a discount for dry cleaning!!!
the steak sauces did not go with the Chilean theme

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 18 July 2021 via mobile

Visited La Vaca for a family birthday celebration last night. Having dined there on a few occasions before, we were looking forward to the meal.

Knowing the offering, we weren’t expecting fine dining, but we really didn’t appreciate having an ongoing Oasis rendition by a group of lads who had clearly been enjoying Sheffield’s fine watering establishments for most of the day.

What was really disappointing was the restaurant’s lack of willingness to challenge this, before my good lady took it upon herself to - luckily it was taken in good spirit and they did quieten down.

Evening spoilt, we left before having a sweet and will not be revisiting again.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 12 June 2021 via mobile

This resturant is so lovely , the warm welcome as you walk into the resturant was lovely , the service was fantastic all night , now the food well that was something else !! Amazing is how I would best describe it , the meat just melted in your mouth , the king prawns were cooked to perfection and the traditional Argentinian dessert , well all I can say is get me on a flight down there if this is a taste of what it's like . In the meantime We will definately be back very soon , thanks for an amazing night .

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 17 November 2020 via mobile

The steak is always cooked to perfection ams service is quick. Would recommend the BBQ platter with steak, ribs, chorizo and black pudding.

Date of visit: January 2020