2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$82
HamptonUS$88
ZenHotels.comUS$97
1,803 results
All reviews police station waffle maker city centre car park complimentary breakfast self service hot and cold food the breakfast area air con good size would stay again lovely hotel stayed here for one night saturday night yogurt conditioner shampoo
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

Due to dealing with an emergency situation in my work, I arrived at this hotel very late in the evening.

From arriving at the hotel to leaving was full of issues.

1. The car park is very small and finally found a space thankfully, the door from the car park to the hotel is secure and you have to press the buzzer to gain access, after quite a long time I finally got an answer from the security guard, I then made my way to the reception area to find no staff on site the security guard then appeared and used his radio to contact the front desk staff who were outside resting in another vehicle in the hotel car park. So not very secure should any guests have problems as staff are not even on the premises.

2. When I arrived in the room which was number 322 I found the room temperature control was faulty and due to the staff leaving the hotel again back to the car park once I checked in I never reported this as knew I wouldn't of got any answer so tried sleeping without any covers on me and used the provided fan in the room to try cool it down.

3. On going down to reception area in the morning I made my way to the restaurant area to have a breakfast to find no staff there again, so eventually got a member of staff to ask how does the breakfast system work in the hotel to be advised, we can't do a cooked breakfast today but can do one the next morning was very disappointed and resulted in me looking around Sheffield for a breakfast, none of this was mentioned when checked in as the staff were more concerned about going to bed also than dealing with the guests.

Would never stay at this hotel again as no customer care and certainly doesn't feel safe and the car park barriers are none existent so definitely not a safe car park.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2021

Stayed one night on a Friday, the check in was smooth and the gentleman helpful, actually very helpful on the desk.
at £85 per room it wasn't good value for a solo traveller, would be OK for two sharing though.
The breakfast was included and was OK with a reasonable choice, the room was large with double bed and a pull down sofa to make another if 4 were sharing.
It was clean, not spotless, the TV didn't have a lot of choice, shower was good and toiletries are provided.
No noise from surrounding rooms which is a good thing.
Got a good nights sleep in a comfy bed.
The biggest grip is the car park charge of £12.50 per night, no hotel should charge for parking, although it seems the done thing now having had to fork out £30 at a Holiday Inn for 3 nights in Hull. There are minimal spaces for the size of the hotel, probably no more than 20
The hotel is about 10/15 minutes to the centre and the night life and we chose a taxi ordered from reception.
Would I stay again? Yes if I was sharing but as a solo I wouldn't because £100 inc car park is not value for money and I know there are other hotels just as good and cheaper.

1  Thank TheCount69
Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

We paid £150 for an average hotel room and poor breakfast.
Although the room was fairly spacious, the double bed was a small double. One of the bedside lamps was broken and therefore it was impossible to turn off, without removing the card key from the holder. However this resulted in the AC not working and this was during a September heat wave. The bathroom door wouldn't close and so could not lock it either. Saying all that, we did get a good night's sleep.
Breakfast was below average. Any items ready made (or delivered) were fine but the cooked food was dire. The scrambled eggs were overcooked and( I suspect powdered )and the fresh juices were watered down for example.
If the room was £80-100 then I think the standard of the hotel would have been proportionate. However, in reality the value for money was poor.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2021

Expected much much better, expensive but it was a special occasion, booked 4 rooms for 2 nights. Check in was very slow, rooms were ok with a few niggles. Food was shocking, waited well over a hour for 5 basic bar meals which were not good. Breakfast was not good, eggs grey and sausages the cheapest we had tasted. Our son misplaced his games case with his games in our fault yes but he was sat in the car with me distressed , while my son etc frantically looked upon approaching the unhelpful receptionist who complained we would be holding up cleaning staff by checking the rooms again and being told it was only a toy and could be replaced obviously she didn't listen to what he had lost my son told her its a case with over 300 pounds worth of games in and he is Autistic and his most treasured things. Wow sympathetic not maybe if she had seen him sobbing in the car she may have had a slight understanding. Never again

Room tip: No nice views
Reviewed 31 August 2021

Room was nice but the breakfeast with no hot food i would like to see a better food section and a better internet. It could do with a better Room with cogs its was very nice but want the best needs somthing better.

Room tip: Choose the best room.
Date of stay: August 2021