“As good as the pictures say?”

Butlers Balti House
Ranked #115 of 1,575 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We reserved a table so I expected something great. Not waiting for our table was a good sign. However, that's where the happiness stopped. After ordering our food, the wait was monotonous and excruciatingly long. Ordering food at 9:12 and receiving it at 9:47 is not ideal. In addition, our order was taken wrong and took even longer for us to return the food and be presented with what we ordered in the first place. As we (my family) were eating, I realised I couldn't hear them since the noise was very loud, but I won't blame them for that. When my plate was empty, I felt as if I hadn't eaten anything which was very disappointing. Then, when the time to pay had come, my mind was blown. A very large amount which would NEVER have crossed my mind on the way to dinner. I have eaten at many restaurants in which I have spent much less money but have eaten world class food. This restaurant is not something I would recommend. Have some burgers instead.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We visited here with family on a Saturday evening, it is advisable to phone(01142768141) to reserve a table as, rightly so, it is very popular. It is family friendly and caters for large parties upstairs too.
We were a party of five, three meat eaters and two veggies. There were loads of veggie dishes to choose from, we felt spoilt for choice.
Our server, Sal, was very attentive and keen to get our dishes just how we wanted them. You can choose the heat scale of your dish upon ordering.
We all cleared our dishes. I had a mild mixed veg curry with paneer and my husband had the same but made to phaal heat. He loves a super hot, tasty curry. This was perfect for him.
We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

First visit but certainly not the last, says recommended to me as the best Indian on Sheffield and I think they may be right. Went at 5pm on a Saturday night and it was busy, you need to book. Our waiter was Sal who was very friendly, great service and a good price too. Going back very soon.

1  Thank nic110470
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

another excellent meal at butlers. our server was sal.. very chatty and friendly. looking forward to our next visit

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Had the most amazing night, surprising my boyfriend for his 21st birthday!! Made to feel very welcome by the staff especially Sal our waiter, will definitely be coming back again! Never disappointed :)