“Fantastic pizza and great kids menu”
Review of Proove

Proove
Ranked #15 of 1,498 Restaurants in Sheffield
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I really enjoyed eating here after my daughter had been for a party and said it was really good. Everyone had great pizzas - there was a great choice. The kids get doughballs as starters and a pudding with unlimited cordial. As well as good pizzas I had a lovely glass of wine and my partner had a great coffee, and we were jealous of the kids brownies. Our table was a bit cramped and the service was slightly chaotic but the staff were really nice and quick to correct any mistakes could lose ratings for this but food was good, the atmosphere was nice and the staff were really nice too.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

If you've had real Italian pizza, the kind of which is made freshly (especially in Naples but throughout Italy) you'll know that there's a world of difference between that and the kind of pizza you get in the US, or from fast food chains over here, like Pizza Hut and Domino's.

I love that authentic Italian pizza. With the fresh, light, puffy dough base and the intense flavours that you get from being cooked in a wood-fired oven. But up until now, I wasn't aware that you can get this in Sheffield.

Enter Proove. A slice of Napoli in the Steel City.

I just happened to be walking past this place, having never noticed it before, and I saw the wood-fired oven blazing away. I thought I should give it a try - and my report here is not about the restaurant because I didn't eat in. I just ordered a take-away.

Three pizzas: An Americana, a Diavolo and a Funghi (with added ham). The bill came to £28. Not cheap! I thought, as I carried the boxes to my car. I hope it is good?

I needn't have worried. When I opened the boxes at home I knew instantly that I had stumbled across somewhere special. The beautiful large puffy bases, singed slightly around the edges by the wood fire and the beautifully cooked light toppings. It reminded me so much of the pizza's I've had in Italy.

One difference you'll notice from the chain restaurant pizzas is the freshness of the ingredients. Also, the pizza's are juicy - not dry. I note one reviewers comments on here that says he found them a bit soggy. I wouldn't call it soggy at all, but if Pizza Hut, Pizza Express, Zizzi and Domino's are your reference points then yes, you will find these surprisingly, but pleasantly, moist.

All of us enjoyed the pizza's. The best we've had in Sheffield so far. Only one other place comes close and that's Vero Gusto - although they don't do pizza's of an evening and I don't think they do take away either.

So, this place goes right to the top of the list for us from now on. The restaurant itself is only small and basic, but it's pleasant enough and with pizza's of this quality on offer I can see us becoming regular visitors, either to sit in or take out.

1  Thank TheRealDerbyTup
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Went here with family and friends, really good service and food.

Good value as well and very accommodating to any dietary requirements.

Would recommend

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We had a really delicious meal, the food was fabulous and the house wine was very good. The service was excellent and the eighties soundtrack in the background was great. We will definately be going again.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

The best base - great flavour all good!

But really? Booming top 40 music?

Makes you eat fast and feels rushed - people want to chill when they eat - not work out ️‍♀️‍♀️