“Great hot pot”

Ranked #769 of 1,500 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Harmony Cafe is a cosy restaurant located on Westfield Terrace serving authentic Chinese food, ranging from Cantonese style to Szechuan style. There is a wide range of rice dishes and soup noodles to choose from, as well as the delicious Hotpot. The portions of the food are generous and served with wonderful service at a cheap price.
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

My partner and I visited this evening and I must say that it was the best hot pot that I have had outside of China. A little pricy, but definitely worth it.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 21 March 2016

the lady who used to serve(think she was the owner) amazing women.
food was always tasty,warm and well proportioned.
so glad they move to that bigger place, just lovely honest hard working people.
wish you all the luck in the world

Reviewed 13 March 2016

My father and I only came across this place by accident. We'd been looking for somewhere to eat and glanced at a few menus but there was nothing on offer that really grabbed our attention. Then we turned down a side-street and came across the Harmony Cafe.

The staff were really friendly. The waitress must have noticed that the sunlight coming through the window was shining in my eyes and came over to alter the blinds so I could see the menu better.

The menu had lots of choice on it. I plumped for Beef in Black Pepper Sauce with boiled rice and my father had the same but with Chicken instead of Beef. We also had a portion of chips each (we don't claim to be experts in Chinese cuisine, but we know what we like!).

The food was gorgeous and spicy and the portions were generous enough that my father couldn't finish all of his! They also gave us a free dish of Prawn Crackers with it. There were plenty of other people eating in there and it appeared that many were regular customers, which is usually a good sign that you've chosen somewhere good to eat.

Next time we go to Sheffield my father and I both agreed that we won't have to think about where to go to eat. We'll be back at the Harmony Cafe again!

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Ah she's spot on this place chief. Cracking value boss. The sea bass was proper trick as well chief. Absolutely 100%. Waitress was a bit rude like.

Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

It's not bad service in terms of the food they offer. I liked what I had, the food had no problems whatsoever. The only thing that ruined it for me was the waitress who served me on Monday the 14th. I had a plate of sweetcorn and fish rice, and when I was eating a satay skewer, the lady took my rice away without even asking me whether I had finished. I roughly had about 1/3 of my plate left! I was so baffled that by the time I turned around she already ran to the kitchen and got rid of it. I didn't want to say anything whilst I was there because I didn't want to cause drama but please please please get her to ask customers whether they're done with their food before taking anything away!