“Impolite staff ”

Ranked #769 of 1,498 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Harmony Cafe is a cosy restaurant located on Westfield Terrace serving authentic Chinese food, ranging from Cantonese style to Szechuan style. There is a wide range of rice dishes and soup noodles to choose from, as well as the delicious Hotpot. The portions of the food are generous and served with wonderful service at a cheap price.
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times and the service has not changed. Food is good however the hot and sour soup is a hit and miss too sweet and the salt and pepper wings too salty but was perfect the next time. The older waitress who served us was very rude the first time we were to order from the table then the next time order at the front desk when I asked why she just said pay here with no explanation. Asked for cumin beef and she didn't know what it was and they don't have it eventhough being on the menu. Service is definitely not with a smile. Better grabbing a takeout than sit in.

Ivy Y, Manager at Harmony Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Harmony have been closed for a week on the day you visit.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I had beef chow mein from the lunch menu. The food was decent and reasonably priced. It arrived quickly and was piping hot through.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

After Noodle Inn's rudeness (again) I stumbled upon Harmony Cafe and was very impressed. A good choice of dishes from the Lunchtime Menu (£4.80).
Quick service, and good food. Recommended.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

I have been a regular in this restaurant for years, because the food is decent. Despite this, the previous Lady owner was extremely greedy that she would steal a few pence out of me in change and give me expired drinks and then ask me to go get a refund from the manufacturer not her that was selling it!

As a result she lost my custom and I even had my whole company with 20+ people diverting to another restaurant.

Now, I saw that it was under a new management and I decided to go back there again. Big mistake. I was given the wrong food that I ordered but the waitress did not admit her mistake but instead refused to take the food back and she was extremely rude. She insisted that I should eat the food that she brought and that she would not take the food back to the kitchen! After a 10 minute stand where I refused to back out she then went back to the kitchen to bring the correct food but I would not be surprised if she spit in my food, considering how bad she took the whole thing.

That's it for me, never go back again. And you have been warned.

1  Thank dk092014
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

My partner and I visited this evening and I must say that it was the best hot pot that I have had outside of China. A little pricy, but definitely worth it.

Highly recommended!