“Meal out”

Ranked #9 of 94 Restaurants in Ludlow
Price range: US$13 - US$38
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The French Pantry - bar and bistro. Under new ownership as of April 2018 - refurbished restaurant and bar premises, offering coffee and breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks too. Walled courtyard too! Serving French food, with a frequently changing menu (whatever we decide to cook in the morning!) - come and discover what we have to offer!
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here...evening set menu...2 or 3 course..great choices.. big portion size and value for money

Reviewed 31 March 2018

More than a bistro I would say, some fine country town French dining rather than Paris chic. And a must for any Francophile visitor. Being six we reserved a table by walking past first to get the numbers.

Definitely a French Bistro feel to the interior a bit an Artes Nouevaux style. From a French Platter, cheeses,pates, dips of your choice, bread or toast, a French Onion Soup to a hearty Beouf Bourgoinon or Coq au Vin the choice is wide.

We were not hurried, the place spotlessly clean and the staff efficient and friendly. Did not present chef of the day, but certainly well trained in that art form. And some excellent French wines on the list. Even a Cahors...

Hope they can keep up the standards and get in the customers.

1  Thank Nightowl0808
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My family have been here a couple of times and I joined them for lunch to try the place out. I thought the food was great, precise and authentic. If you like proper ingredients I thought this place was fantastic for that. It has a rustic and genuinely French feel to it. A tad noisy at times but I felt that was more a testament to its success. I am disappointed to see the management's responses to some of the (very) few negative comments. I appreciate it is their business, but they are doing so very well and I feel some of their feedback to customers is unnecessary. That aside, I look forward to coming back and would highly recommend this superb little place.

1  Thank Silverknight87
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This is the real deal. Good french bistro food in a small welcoming space.

All the usual bistro dishes cooked well and really authentic.

Good for lunch and dinner.

1  Thank daddytommy
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Had the french onion soup which i recommend you try.I then had the pork which was super tasty.couldnt fit in a dessert unfortunately but had a coffee which was pretty good.Staff were attentive and courteous and was pleased over all with the restaurant