“Vegetarian restaurant that gave the tastiest food in Bath”
Review of Acorn Restaurant

Acorn Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 648 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$30 - US$38
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Food crafted from plants. Multi award winning vegan and vegetarian restaurant serving extraordinary food that changes minds. PLANTS TASTE BETTER - Our cook book, released 15th March 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I particularly enjoyed the beetroot taster before my donkey carrot starter. Very elegant food presentation. Service good. I did not have room for pudding although they looked fab (the chocolate looked a little too sickly). Friends said the mushroom dish was wonderful with different mushroom tastes from the expected and filling.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,509)

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

The great thing about this place is that you are never quite sure how they made things, other than knowing that every little squiggle of sauce on your plate has probably taken way longer to make than you would ever consider spending time doing yourself. This makes the rather high price feel justified. We had the 5 course tasting menu, which I’d heartily recommend if you can afford it. The best course for me was the main mushroomy one which I could not begin to describe eloquently enough to do it justice. The menu online seems to promise less then what you actually get, which is far better than the reverse! The wine is also delicious and can be bought in carafes which is handy if you don’t want a whole bottle or want to switch half way through. All in all a great place for wowing your guests whether they are vegan/vegetarian or not.

1  Thank lydiacurls
Reviewed 14 September 2018

The food was excellent. Service over all was good. Three small drawbacks. One. I was debating what to order for the starter between carrots and something else. I was definitely getting the cauliflower. I asked the server his recommendation and he suggested the carrots. This was not a great rec as this had a truffle oil glaze as did the cauliflower so the meal ended up tasting a little same-same. I’d have prefered a different starter. Two. The amount of food was very small. Although everything was delicious I’m not a big eater and I still had to stop off at Pret on my way back and pick up a vegetarian soup so that I can feel filled. Three they don’t take AMEX

4  Thank jackie_in_hong_kong
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I had the donkey carrots and was wowed by the different tastes. Enjoyed the rhubarb martini too. The garlic dahl was really filling and to me rather overpowered some of the other tastes the lime gel was divine and the foam in the onions sweet and delicious. A lovely lunch before going to the theatre

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I went here for lunch with my daughter.
The restaurant is small but charming, serving deliciously tasty vegan dishes, which are well presented and priced. There was plenty to choose from with an inventive menu that would satisfy the tastes of most people.
The pea soup was amazing!! Lovely staff too.
Highly recommended.