Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$204
Hotels.comUS$204
PricelineUS$204
Trip.comUS$247
eDreamsUS$184
ZenHotels.comUS$285
All reviews complimentary cream tea current climate abbey view lovely hotel sister hotel journey home boutique hotel booking direct black pudding nespresso machine rugby ground car park deluxe room tea making facilities afternoon tea beautiful decor city centre
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2021

A hotel that is both stylish and comfortable with excellent facilities, bar and restaurant. The location of the hotel is well sited. The staff are welcoming, friendly and efficient. Particularly recommended for their visual decor. If you have an eye for such, then this will really suit you.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 September 2021 via mobile

Lovely comfortable 1 night stay for husbands 50th .
Staff were very helpful & attentive.
Dined in the plate restaurant for evening meal & breakfast, food nice , service good but a couple of things went wrong on both occasions with things being missed.
Upon check-out we were greeted by the hotel manager who was quick to rectify the situation, so couldn't complain.
If l visited Bath again it wouldn't put me off about staying at the Bird again as overall it was good.
Excellent location aswell.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2021

We stayed for three nights recently. On the website I chose a ‘comfy room’ according to the pictures shown, aware it would be on the small side. We were taken aback when shown into Room 9A - it had a small double bed rammed against one wall, and no space to walk around the bed except sideways. There was no space for a chair either, so a stool was squeezed in. There was nowhere to be, in this room, except on the bed - with all your luggage. I told Reception that we really couldn’t stay in such a small room, and after a while, we were very kindly upgraded to a larger room 27 on the ground floor, and this is where we stayed. It was comfortable but still on the small side. My bedside light needed to bulb replacing, and on the first night I reported this, but it was not replaced. We ate at Plate on the first night - friendly service but the food was average, my burger and the buns were all overcooked and dry. However, this location of this hotel is excellent, with a charming walk down Pulteney Street each day into town, and there is parking at the back. The staff are warm and friendly. A couple of days after leaving, we realised we had left a small item behind. We emailed them but never got a response. We had a great time in Bath, but I’d probably try somewhere else on my next visit.

Room tip: Pay for a bigger room
Reviewed 19 September 2021 via mobile

Beautiful hotel within a lovely 15 minute walk to Bath, gorgeous interiors & comfortable rooms.
We arrived early, parked up (car park is challenging!) & deposited our bags in reception. We returned later in the day after a wonderful day in Bath & went up many staircases to our ‘comfy double’, it was exactly that, small & extremely comfortable, with everything you’d need. We had booked a room & prepaid for a dinner, bed & breakfast rate including a glass of Champagne. We entered the bar & had pre dinner drinks & then ate a well executed dinner (although the sourdough from the Bertinet bakery was so hard!) We had to ask for our complimentary glass of champagne as it wasn’t offered at any point. Upon receipt of the bill our £35 a head dinner allowance wasn’t deducted so we had to ask them to remove it from the bill. It made for an uncomfortable evening, having to ask when it should have been noted somewhere. The table next to us encountered the same problems with the champagne & the bill. The following morning I received an email saying I had to pay for drinks from the bar & the balance would be taken from my card. I went down to reception with my receipts from the night before & explained I had already paid for pre dinner drinks. The man on reception went down to the bar to verify my claim & returned stating I wouldn’t be charged, no apology given! I then went down to breakfast & happened to check my online bank account, the hotel had charged me twice for my room, once a month ago when I originally booked and again yesterday. I went back up to reception & showed him my bank account, again he said he would refund me, again no apology. Breakfast was tasty, we ordered tea/coffee & a full breakfast, we weren’t offered any toast or pastries? We received the breakfast but not any tea or coffee so we asked again, eventually it arrived after we had finished breakfast. All in all it was shambolic, I come to Bath 2/3 times a year & love to try new hotels but I can’t say I left feeling happy. It’s definitely style over substance, customer care is severely lacking. If you mess up then you should own up to it & apologise. If you do special offers then your restaurant & bar need to be aware of them & charge you accordingly. You should not be made to feel like a second class guest.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2021

Just had three days in Bath and stayed at The Bird. Would definitely return as the hotel was quirky but in a good way. The staff excellent. The room - although a bit small - but this is the one we booked,was adequate with good view and exceptionally clean. Food - especially the fish - was really good. Hotel has plenty of free parking and you are only minutes walk from Bath city centre. Would definitely recommend.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel