“Superb food”

Tulsi Tandoori Kitchen
Ranked #99 of 607 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$21 - US$28
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Bank holiday visit to Bath with my wife, teenage daughter and her friend and struggling to find somewhere to eat as everywhere was full. Eventually all agreed to give this a try (others not great curry fans) despite the narrow and weirdly lit stairs down into the basement (more reminiscent of a dodgy nightclub than a restaurant). Dining area decor a bit OTT. Menus confusing as they had different prices for the same items. Pushed to have two poppadoms each, settled for three between us, came with chutney that wasn't ordered but was charged for. Ordered drinks individually - sparkling water for one turned up as a 1l bottle so at this point we were a bit concerned. Then the food arrived. Probably the best Indian food any of us had ever had. Tenderest and tastiest (but not overly hot) lamb rogan I've ever had . My wife's smoky tandoori chicken was out of this world. The girl's tikka masala and korma every much as to their liking. Previous concerns forgiven, then the proprietor/manager , trying to clear our table after another dropped all the dirty dishes from the first table at our feet!! Sera Sera. If/when I go back to Bath the Tulsi will be my first choice, fantastic food and entertainment. Despite the concerns the bill for four with drinks was just under £100

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Since the closing of the Rajpoot across the road this is a really good restaurant to fill the void.
Very good Indian food with everything you would expect from and friendly service.

1  Thank jbstokes
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We chose this Indian on a bit of a whim after being bored of our same old same old restaurants and used TA to see what we could find.
The restaurant itself is a little hidden, we walked past it a couple of times until we finally spotted the stairs but well worth discovering.
We found the food and the service great, staff were friendly and happy to recommend dishes to those who asked and not at all intrusive or loitering around.
Will definitely be back possibly at a weekend when it's slightly busier.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

A couple of the old favourite curry places in Bath have recently closed or changed hands. After being recommended that I give Tulsi a try I was not disappointed, great food and a very spacious restaurant, the decor may not be to everyone’s taste but I found it to be refreshingly different from all the other Bath restaurants. Will be my new go to curry house.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Food is delicious in this cute Indian restaurant. What we liked was that the staff weren't hovering & we were just left to have an enjoyable evening. It is a little expensive & yes they could do with putting more in the pickles/chutneys.

Overall excellent food.