“I only went to post a parcel but......”
Review of Darcy's News Cafe

Darcy's News Cafe
Ranked #19 of 50 Coffee & Tea in Bath
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Description: We are an independent, family run café in central Bath. Besides serving a hearty breakfast and lunch daily we also sell newspapers and magazines (specialising in foreign titles). We also have a range of cakes and pastries which go perfectly with our freshly brewed Lavazza coffee, loose leaf teas or extensive hot chocolate menu.
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

As I’d walked quite a way I thought that it would be sensible to take some nourishment on board for the journey back!
I had a slice of really delicious cake and a cup of coffee, I’m sure that I accomplished the journey back in half the time, coupled with really friendly staff it was a great experience, many thanks

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I really cannot recommend Darcy's enough, after popping in for lunch or on the way to work for the past year or so, I can safely say it is a place like no other! Whether it be a lovely coffee, a beautifully tasting and presented homemade cake, or simply a morning paper, there is not one thing I would change. The family run cafe offers a heart warming service which makes Darcy's THE shining example of what Bath is all about; comfort, happiness and traditional quality. I now cannot imagine our city without Darcy's, and am so impressed by the brand new "news cafe" layout. It feels like Darcy's has been a part of Bath for decades, with no cut corners and a warm, traditional experience - every time! Whatever you're craving, you will find the best version of it here. If you want to be impressed or need a bit of cheering up - pop down to Darcy's on Gay Street!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Having heard so much about this revamped news agents now a café from a friend I just had to come and see what all the fuss was about. Avocado and smoked salmon on freshly toasted Sourdough with fantastic fresh lavazza coffee perfect pre-christamas Saturday morning brunch to catch up with a friend before Christmas. staff friendly and the chef is great.

1  Thank holly F
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Really friendly and welcoming little café with brilliant hot chocolate. I recommend exploring the different syrups, alcoholic additions, and range of hot chocolates available; you can really make your drink your own!
Avocado and scrambled eggs was also very tasty, served on some toasted sourdough.
Definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank Ben H
Reviewed 21 December 2017

One of the best little cafes in Bath. Definitely try the avocado and bacon on sourdough for breakfast!