Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
US$171
US$240
US$180
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$90
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$120
US$100
  • Restaurant
US$227
US$130
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$125
US$89
US$73
  • Breakfast included
1,236 results
All reviewshop pole innwedding coordinatorwedding venuebuffet styleminute drivelovely buildingwater pressurekippersone night staytop floorfour poster bedtea and coffeeshort breakbiscuitsvisit batha lovely staysatnav
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Tried to check in early around 12:45, as we wanted to get all that out of the way before we got a taxi into Bath centre but there weren't any rooms available yet. So we had a pint in the bar, the bar was very cosy, £4.20 for a pint. Asked again after an hour if we could check in now but still unable to. We were allowed to leave the car in the car park and go off on our days adventure. Taxi to Bath was £13 with Abbey Taxis. Got back around 8pm, checked in. There is a lift which was called in advance by an observant passing member of staff who saw us heading that way with our bags, very thoughtful. The same member of staff later served us in the bar. He was very friendly and chatty. We didn’t spend too much time in the bar, we went to a pub just at the end of the drive called The Hop Pole Inn as it was a little cheaper. The exterior of the hotel is not very well lit but you can see where you are going, you just need to make sure cars in and out of the hotel can see you! Room was quite small but served it's purpose well for a couple just needing somewhere to sleep. It was stuffy, and for me to say that when i love being warm and usually complain I’m cold it must have been quite hot. We even opened the window in February! The walls are so thin though, i could hear the guests next door showering, the conversation she was having whilst she showered, i could hear the toilet being flushed all as if it was taking place in our room. I could also hear hoovering coming from somewhere. Check out wasn't until 11 but i was awake from 7am onwards because it was a little noisy, my partner however was undisturbed so i'm sure it just depends on how you sleep personally. I must compliment the time taken to improve the view from the window of the room. It should have looked out onto a drab roof and walls but instead the roof had been covered in artificial grass and there were some lovely tubs filled with flowers, it proves the hotel are thinking about what you see as a guest. The hotel is lovely and the staff i encountered very friendly, but nothing really stood out to make me want to return.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs P
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Mrs P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at the Limpley Stoke Hotel.

We strive to provide a warm welcome at our hotel, so it was wonderful to read that you thought our staff were all very friendly and courteous, they will be pleased to hear your kind words. Our check-in time is at 3pm, however we do try to let our guests in their rooms earlier if possible. I was pleased you enjoyed a drink in our bar whilst waiting and that you enjoyed the cosy atmosphere.

The comfort of our guests is important, so I was pleased you were comfortable in your room and that you appreciated the room views. However, I am sorry for any noise disturbances you encountered during your stay.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel, I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area. Don’t forget to book direct for the very best rates and available offers, either through our website or by calling the hotel.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

A little bit hard to find at night and no lift to get your bags up a winding staircase as the rooms are on the 1st floor and above a bit hard for older people like my sister and I as we are in the late 60's and had large bags over 30kg as we were traveling from Australia.No porters and no help was offered by the staff at reception.Room was comfortable but there was no internet in the early hours of the morning when I had to contact Australia re work,A light bulb was blown and was reported but was not replaced in by the time we left after 2days and 3 nights stay. Breakfast was ok but nothing fantastic.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Boozemobil S
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear Boozemobil S,

Thank you for the review.

I was pleased that you were comfortable in your guestroom and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. We do have a lift which goes up to the second floor and our hotel staff are always more than happy to assist with guests luggage, so I was surprised to read your comments and would like to apologise for this.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

I used to live in Bath & this hotel was always highly thought of, so I was looking forward to our 2 night stay for a family wedding. What a disappointment. The hotel was fairly clean, but very shabby & run down. We were checked in by a man with a strong accent & found it difficult to understand all that he said. We found our way to the room & within 5 minutes had a phone call to tell us that they wanted to move us as there was to be a wedding on the Saturday & it would be too noisy for us. My husband pointed out that we were there for the wedding. They then said that they needed the room for a family & would be putting in an extra bed. We later found that the room had been allocated to a couple at the wedding - NO CHILDREN! It was extremely hot in the room, but most of the windows wouldn't open as the paint had stuck them firmly closed. Part of the shower control was missing & there was a notice on the wall explaining how to work it, but without the hot & cold markings we had to figure it out for ourselves. We had a good night's sleep & went downstairs for breakfast. The waitress was the most efficient person in the building, & the breakfast was reasonable, although at the price charged I would have expected there to be some vegetarian alternatives. As I am diabetic, I had to eat a snack at lunch time. In order to be served at the bar we had to phone to place our order as the bar is not staffed. The sandwich was very good as was the wedding meal. The next morning the main rooms were being used for a wedding fair, so breakfast for the wedding guests was served in the bar. Unfortunately there wasn't room for everyone to sit down at the same time. When we sat down the table was full of dirty crockery. The member of staff pushed it all to the middle & squeezed in our crockery. We had to chase him up for some tea & coffee & before we had our cereal he announced that he would be clearing away the food [25 minutes before breakfast was due to finish]. By the time we went to check out, most of the staff were involved with setting up the wedding fair, so we felt as though we were just an inconvenience. My husband queried the bill as there was supposed to be a special rate for the wedding day accommodation. The receptionist said very bluntly that they only reserve 19 rooms & we were probably too late. My husband told her that we had booked in November, as soon as we received the invitation, but she made no attempt to check for us. I certainly would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank craftgranny

Dear craftgranny,

Thank you for the review.

I was surprised to read your comments regarding your guestroom and I can assure you that your comments will be passed on for a member of the management team to investigate. However, I was pleased that you had a good night’s sleep.

It was a pleasure to read that you thought your waitress was very efficient and that you enjoyed your breakfast. I was also glad that you thought the wedding and bar food was very good, I will pass your compliments to the chef. However, I am sorry for any inconveniences that may have been caused due to breakfast being served in our bar area, which is a rarity.

Our reception team are often complimented on their welcoming and helpful customer service, so I was surprised to read your comments. The special rate for wedding guests becomes available once the wedding date it booked and are often booked up quickly, either by the couple getting married or by their guests.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel has lots of character and fantastic views. The bathroom was very small, with a tiny walk-in shower. The room itself was large enough, however the furniture was old. The elevator is also very small, so we ended up taking the stairs. The two members of staff at the front were both very serious and not that warm. It too us a long time to check-in and pay with our Best Western gift card. In the end, we left it with the receptionist to work out and she left it for us to pick up later. Overall, not an average hotel in a very nice location.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank colbox
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear colbox,

I was pleased that you enjoyed the character of our Georgian hotel and that you thought the valley views were fantastic. I was also glad that you found your room spacious, although I was surprised to read your comments regarding the en-suite bathroom. In keeping with the period property, our rooms are traditionally furnished and they are all equipped with modern comforts and facilities.

Our hotel staff are often complimented on their welcoming and helpful customer service, so I was surprised to read your comments and I am sorry if you had delays when checking in, although I am pleased our receptionist rectified this for you.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to the hotel as we loved the little village and the hotel seemed value for the price. On this stay, we came with our 9 week old baby. The hotel seemed to have had a little work which had been needed. We had a double room which had 2 twin beds pushed together which was absolutely fine, other than the ridge running down the centre of the bed which was a little uncomfortable (perhaps a mattress topper?). The room was good, spacious for our travel cot and good tea/coffee facilities and clean bathroom. We opted for breakfast, the waitress was lovely. The selection was good. Only comment about it....all the yoghurts were out of date. I had taken one and began eating, only to notice the date was out. I asked the waitress if she had any others, which she did, but was mortified! Not great. Glad I wasn't still pregnant. Also, the receptionist who checked us in was so lovely. She made a huge fuss of our little boy. The hotel building and grounds are gorgeous.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mfur23
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear Mfur23,

Thank you for the review following your stay at the Limpley Stoke Hotel. It was wonderful to read that you wanted to return because you loved the idyllic village setting of our hotel and that you thought it was good value for money.

We are lucky to be situated in such a picturesque area, only 4 miles from the centre of Bath. I was pleased to read that you thought our Georgian period property and hotel grounds were gorgeous. It was also wonderful to read that you received a warm welcome from our receptionist, they will be pleased to hear your kind words.

The comfort of our guests is important, so I was delighted that you thought your guestroom was a good standard, that the bathroom was nice and clean and that you were pleased with the complimentary tea/coffee facilities. I was also glad that you thought your room was spacious and that there was plenty of room for your travel cot. I was disappointed, however, to read that you found the bed a little uncomfortable, I will most certainly pass your feedback on.

I was pleased that you thought our breakfast buffet was plentiful and the waitress was lovely. However, I was surprised to read your comments regarding the yogurts and am very sorry for this. All of our fresh produce and ingredients are monitored closely, and I can assure you that I have passed this on to the kitchen team, to ensure that this does not happen again.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area. Don’t forget to book direct for the best rates and available offers, either through our website or by calling the hotel.