US$149
  • Room Service
US$202
US$139
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Aquae Sulis Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$94
High Beeches(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$88
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$117
Harington's Hotel(Bath)
US$150
US$131
  • Room Service
SACO Bath - St James Parade(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$114
Pulteney House(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$116
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2008

Stayed for 1 night in July 08. Terrific location just around the corner from the main street. Walking distance to the railway station. Tiny double room, worn carpet but clean and comfortable. Some reception staff a little disinterested. Breakfast was more than satisfactory. Well priced for the budget traveller. Luggage storage available before and after stay. Would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 July 2008

My Girlfriend booked this hotel for a “cheap” break to Bath as it was one of the few hotels that offered single night bookings.

We paid £85.00 for 1 night B&B, which even allowing for the inflated prices of Bath was exceptional over priced for the “quality” experienced.

We weren’t expecting a lot for £85.00, but the adventure that lay before us was not a tale for those of a nervous disposition!!

The good points

· Nice easy walk to Bath and all the attractions

· Friendly reception staff

· Friendly waiting staff at breakfast

The bad points

· Dampest room I have every stayed in

· Smallest room I have ever stayed in

· Room with the dirtiest carpet I have ever stayed in

· Most genrally stained room I have every stayed in

· The presence of an offensively dirty net curtain type thing hung over the bed in some vein attempt to pointlessly imitate a valance of some description.

· Room with the most rotten, useless windows I have ever stayed in

· Bathroom with the dirtiest looking shower I have ever seen (if the owners of the hotel read this please Google the word “legionella” )

· Bath towel with last users Lipstick still present

· Cooked breakfast was diabolical, soggy bacon, and sausages of indeterminable origin!

As you may of gathered by now I would not recommend this Hotel to anyone whatsoever.

The hotel is in dire need of extensive remodelling (preferable by mean’s of Semtex) and I truly hope someone has the foresight to invest in what could be a great hotel with a good location.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2008

Warning, do not leave the ground floor !, Your resonably pleasant experience of reception, lounge and bar areas will be shattered as you climb the first steps to your rooms. The decor and overall feel is dirty and what strange colour mixtures. Get to your room and this is where the horror begins. The two rooms myself and my colleague stayed in were in drastic need of re-decoration. myy colleague was told he had a slightly better room than me, for that he had his own special mould on the bathroom ceiling, there were black marks on walls, paper peeling off, dirty Skirting boards and ripped and dirty Net curtains. The bathroom was also very grubby,limescale stains and dim lighting.

Television useless, only 2 or 3 channels not programmed, and awful reception,

The bed although old, was comfortable and had very clean bed linen. However that is the only plus point.
The receptionists were very friendly , however the breakfast staff could only utter words of one syllable, when asked if they had any margarine, a simple "no" was uttered and she walked off.

Breakfast was the usual pre-cooked dried up bacon, sausages and eggs that could be used as a new space age Teflon substitute. This is almost the worst hotel I have stayed in Bath, only one other can beat it so far and I checked out of that straight away.

I stay in Bath very frequently, and there are some great hotels, for the same price or cheaper, and you won't go home feeling you need a wash. Unfotunately I had to visit at short notice and thought I would give this a try. Once bitten !.

There are many better places to stay in Bath, do your research first !

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 2 July 2008

The best part of the hotel is the location and the politeness of the staff. Having booked in January 2008, I assumed (incorrectly) that the rooms would be allocated on a "first come, first served" basis. Although my husband and I booked in before lunch for a one night stay, we were given a tiny double room on the 3rd floor. The room was small and cramped. On going to bed after a long day sight seeing, we found that neither the extractor fan nor the lights worked. We had to climb under a table to access the power point so that at least we had some light, albeit it from a very low wattage bulb. We had to climb into the bed from the bottom as there was no access from either side. There is nowhere in the hotel information that stated that the restaurant only has a Chinese menu. The breakfast was cold, with cheap quality coffee, overcooked eggs and tinned fruit. No sign of any fresh anywhere. The hotel is shabby and is in need of a complete overhaul, from it's bedding and room decor down to threadbare carpets, particularly on the stairs. This hotel could be an asset to Bath but fails miserably. I would not recommend any-one to use it.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2008

I really don't know where to begin. When we arrived we used the toilets off of the lounge. They were blocked and dirty - perhaps we should have been warned by this. The rooms were dirty, bedspreads and carpets stained, paintwork filthy and toilets didn't look as though they had ever seen a bottle of bleach. Our bed was OK but our friends' four poster bed was lumpy and very uneven and they could not sleep at all. When we went down for breakfast the room looked very pleasant and we were hopeful. There was a buffet style breakfast. When I put some bacon on my plate I realised it was stone cold and we noticed the hotplates were turned off. When we mentioned it to a member of staff they fiddled around and eventually plugged it in underneath the table (it obviously hadn't been turned on at all that morning!). We were then told that it would soon heat up the food. We explained in strong terms that it was really dangerous to reheat food. He then went off and came back with some hot sausages and proceeded to put them on top of the cold ones (it seems the staff do not know the basic health and safety rules to do with food). One of our friends went out to reception to complain about this. The manager came to see us. We said we wanted a refund for our breakfast. She said she couldn't do this and they were now cooking fresh food. We didn't want to chance eating this. She said she would see us outside. When we went out she said they were one of the cheapest hotels in Bath. I can understand that it might be a bit run down but dirty rooms and unsafe breakfasts - I don't think there is any excuse. Eventually she gave us back £20 per couple. We are not normally the type of people to complain about things and we did make the best of it but I would never ever ever recommend this hotel to anyone and would not dream of going back there.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends