“Somewhat disappointing, but excellent for price”
Review of Redcar Hotel

Redcar Hotel
Ranked #33 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Booked for overnight between 5th and 6th Dec, My 81 year old mum, myself and daughter of 28. Receptionist really helpful and swapped our room as mum would not be able to climb stairs to third floor. Hotel is 10 mins from entre of bath and is a very traditional build. However the hotel needs lots of decoration and upgrrading. Our room had a double and a single with perfecly clean sheets and clean fluffy towels. It did feel like a prison cell though. However after our day out, we were so tired we did not need to go downstairs to the restaraunt or bar (there wasnt one, lol) and we crashed and slept all night. The bath was so deep and we had copious amounts of hot water. No breakfast available. For £75,00 for the 3 of us for a room is escellent value for money, so if thats all you want to do is bath and bed, this is fine. One other hotel on same road was £250 or same !! including breakast. The owners live in India and probably do not realise how badly this hotel needs attention. z

Room Tip: imagine all need upgrading
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

If I could give this place zero stars I would! The room was absolutely filthy!! The shower was so full of mould I couldn’t bring myself to use it (thank god I was going the Bath spa the next morning). The bedding and carpets were stained, the skirting boards were thick with dust. Everything was just manky. In the middle of the night people in the corridor were shouting that there were cockroaches!
The only positive thing I can say is that this place is in a good location.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

The worst hotel I have stayed in. I would rather sleep in a tent next to a club. I stayed in room 206 and the constant noise from the building next door was unbearable. I would never recommend this place. If you had 100 pound to spend, buy a tent!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2017

This hotel is very convenient to town center but don't be fooled by the location. Even if it were free it would not be worth it to stay here. The hotel is dark, musty, seedy with evidence of bed bugs. The beds are little more than army cots. Mold around the base of the shower is not uncommon and there are no amenities what so ever. The staff, while polite to me was somewhat rude to others in our party. They did however honor a last minute cancellation with a full refund which we appreciated but after 15 minutes in our rooms we simply walked out never to return. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2017

The hotel is very central being just a few minutes walk from Poultney Bridge and the centre of Bath - so no taxis needed to get around- the staff were very helpful . The sheets and towels were freshly laundered and our room was large and clean and overlooking a quiet park . The downside is that the decoR is very dated and basic and that is reflected in the price you pay. I went to enjoy the city’s Xmas festivities and was not disappointed.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends