“Again...”

Ranked #47 of 628 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$3 - US$32
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Baths 2nd 100% vegan cafe! (Sister of Beyond The Kale) Check out our Instagram for daily posts about our food!
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We come to Bath - a thirty five mile round trip - mainly for the joy at visiting the Chapel Arts Cafe.
I am astonished at the spiteful review posted two weeks ago.
Is there some kind of agenda going on here?
The food is Vegan and different. I (a non vegan) am trying to replicate certain dishes at home and the kind staff are always happy to offer advice.
I think it is about being open minded to new experiences...
See you next week, guys!

1  Thank ianfrances39

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Friendly, good food, nice atmosphere, non corporate, healthy, highly recommended. Need I say more? Oh actually, yes I do according to trip advisor’s terms of use! If you want lots of vegetables and some nice food, give this place a go, there you are.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Went today for the first time and was really impressed. Delicious food and good hearty portions. I had the breakfast burrito followed by a slice of carrot cake. Both delicious! I’ll definitely be returning and recommending this place to my friends. I think anyone would enjoy chapel arts regardless of whether or not you have a plant based diet.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We had breakfast here. It took me a little by surprise that it was completely vegan - each to their own, I suppose - but as long as you don't mind almond milk or oat milk in your coffee then it won't worry you. It did strike me that virtually all of the dishes (with the exception of the granola!) would be enhanced with a couple of eggs but the mushroom on sourdough was very tasty, if a little over-jealous with the salt on the spinach.

The service was very pleasant and helpful but given that our plates amounted to one and a half slices of toast and three mushrooms, £7.50 seems a lot to charge for this in such dour surroundings. The other guys had toast in their breakfasts and literally every slice was charcoal around the edge - way beyond what might be excused by a taste difference between well-done and lightly-done toast. We had to break these off and discard, further enhancing the feeling that we had been over-charged.

The most annoying thing, however, was the smoothie blender which was positioned in the eating area itself right next to the tables. This created such a racket that it was impossible to talk whilst it was on. Could this not be moved into the kitchen?

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

This is one of the worst places i have ever eaten in my life. The cakes were disgusting, the whole place was vegan, even the hot chocolates which tasted like raw cocoa beans dropped in hot water. I know it is vegan, but i have had lots of good vegan food and this is the worst i have had. The only food i liked was the herby potatoes, probably because that is something that is already vegan, and i only had it to get the bad taste of everything else out of my mouth.

1  Thank Selvie N