“Best Peshwari Naan ever”
Review of Shezan in Bath

Shezan in Bath
Ranked #392 of 612 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$28 - US$42
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Went to this restaurant last night for first time and was pleasantly surprised to find the meal best Indian I had had in a very long time. Yes the paintwork was a little tatty and window surrounds could do with a good wash down but the food was excellent. Very polite and helpful staff but very slow in bringing the menus. Our popadums and pickle tray arrived and half eaten before menu arrived!! I had Awadhi Murgh which I had never had before but so delicious and just the right amount. Not that good a choice of rice dishes though. Vut my Peshwari Naan was superb but where were the raisins? They also do a good trade in take aways within 4 mile radius with 20% off the menu prices.

1  Thank pauliecat

Reviewed 30 July 2013

In the area on a holiday/break. Wanted a curry and chose Shezan on these recommendations. The food was fantastic, very good value, (£11.95 starter, main, side & naan). Service was too good as we were the only ones there!

The food was that good I would drive an hour to get here. It would be a massive shame if this place closed. If you live near Shezan use it, don't loose it! Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

A group of four of us went on a Friday night. Disapointingly few customers but the stayaways are missing a treat. Very tasty fare at a price that wont break the bank. They serve an acceptable non alcoholic Cobra for the drivers! Very polite and attentive waiters. Yes - we had a great evening.

2  Thank THATFOODIEMAN
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is simply one of the best places I've been at recently. Just love it!

Most recent visit was about a ago with my family, we had a special occasion, my mother had a birthday so she decided that we can go at Shezan and celebrate it there. It was an unforgettable experience! She had booked a table specially in the middle of the dinning part of the place. It was really impressive, how everything was served, the decoration, the staff them selves. Seemed like a really expensive and classy place, but yet prices were reasonable considering all of this.

Food was qualitative, each of us had made a full order of starter, main and desert. We ordered in total two bottles of red wine which were fabulous. Portions were decent, frankly I've eating bigger, but these were really delicious and tasty. Menu was well organized and it was unique, it offered a wide selection of dishes and wines, could possibly say that there was a pretty good collection of wines in it.

Staff were showed us great hospitality especially their manager "Teriq"; they all being smiley, welcoming and polite. This places is definitely a must!

1  Thank Tomlincs79
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Tried this Restaurant last week. The service was immaculate with multiple waiters attending to ensure I was taken care of. The restaurant had no issues with my 1 hour wait for my friend who ended up having to cancel due to work-related issues. The food was extremely tasty and the flavors seemed to blend very well together. The Special Dishes are so unique i doubt any other Indian restaurant serves and the way they presented my Lamb Shank in a plate was GREAT!! The extensive drinks menu was excellent. The ambiance is soft and not too noisy which allows for intimate conversations. Highly recommended!

3  Thank Nil B