“Happy birthday experience”

The Brasserie At Lucknam Park
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brasserie At Lucknam Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #244 of 628 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$20 - US$32
Reviewed 14 February 2017

A repeat visit, and as before a total pleasure.

Excellent food. Andrea's charming and extremely knowledgeable help with our wine choice was a high point. She was endlessly patient and keen to ensure that my wife on her 80th birthday had exactly the wine that suited her. Natalie's service was friendly and professional.

The only disappointment was the duck terrine. Nicely presented but not much of it and it was tough. I understand others have made a similar observation. I spend half the year in France and I get better terrines from my local LeClerc supermarket!

An observation: one in our party had the English cockles, they were lovely, but were clams. Had I known clams were on the menu I would have had them but I am not partial to cockles so did not make that choice.

The chocolate birthday cake was superb, and tactfully came just with one candle.

I would echo the comment of others that guests straight from the spa in towelling dressing gowns and slippers do not provide an atmosphere that matches the quality of the experience.

Will return for another birthday if not before...

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Visited here for a family meal and it was nothing short of fantastic. The staff were the perfect balance of friendly yet professional and were attentive throughout the meal. All three courses were first class.

My parents requested a desert wine they had last time they visited. The restaurant told us that it was a special for that occasion and was no longer on the menu. To our surprise, the manager came back with two glasses of it about 10 minutes later having run to the cellar to see if there was any hiding away - turns out there was! A really special touch!

Will definitely be returning!

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

We went for an early dinner. It is a very nice restaurant with plenty of space and a very nice ambience. The food was excellent, really the best of Brasserie style and the service was friendly and efficient. There were enough choices on the menu to go regularly. We will return.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

nice food, not cheap but did not like being surrounded by spa guests in their dressing gowns. if you encourage them why cant they dress before eating or at the very least put in their own section. saw many people frowning at this especially when we all were attired correctly! appreciate in the same building but for me wont return while this is allowed, try followoing the lead of Stoke Park on this

2  Thank 553joey
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Fantastic - parking was simple and easy to find space. Brasserie was calm and relaxed with enough choice on menu to satisfy any mood. Wine and cocktails surpassed expectations and the service was attentive not overpowering, we didn't feel hurried or rushed and food was sublime. A definite treat retreat