“Great takeaway, great staff”
Review of Ruposhi Indian

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ruposhi Indian
Ranked #325 of 632 Restaurants in Bath
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We were staying several days in a Widcombe area flat and needed good Indian food after too many pub nights. We ordered the classic chicken tikka masala and the lamb passanda, along with garlic naan, samosas, and some pulaw rice. They even threw in complimentary bombay aloo because they were having an issue with their credit card machine and I had to pay cash. The tikka masala had great flavor layers, but the passanda was especially good! Portions were very generous and I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

IqubalHussain, Manager at Ruposhi Indian, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review, I'm very glad you enjoyed our food and will be sure to pass your compliments to the chefs. I will look forward to seeing you again.
Kind regards, Iqubal.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I hate complaining about places but that was by far the worst Indian food I've ever had! Onion baji's were burnt and the korma was terribly sweet, naan was dry and the side dish had potatoes that were out of date! Couldn't finish my meal! Sorry but my £12.50 wasn't well spent at all!

Reviewed 18 June 2017

The quality of our takeaway was unacceptable. My wife, daughter and I had three different dishes and each of them had so much salt in them that they were inedible. The onion bhajis were burnt and the peshwari nan and chapati were tasteless. We have just thrown it all in the bin! I called the Ruposhi and spoke to the manager, Iqubal, and explained the poor quality of the food. I stressed that the reason that I was calling was to emphasise how bad it was and to request that other customers were not given bad takeaway food. His apology did not sound authentic to me and he said it was a one-off and hoped we would return. I said we would not return and asked him again if he could reassure me that improvements would be made. When he said that there was nothing that he could do, I decided that I was duty bound to write this review on the internet.

1  Thank davidrigby100
IqubalHussain, Manager at Ruposhi Indian, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hi David, I'm sorry you thought my apology didn't sound authentic but it sincerely was. I did try to assure you that our standards are known to be high, and that you receiving a bad meal isn't normal as well as the fact that I wanted to make it right. I asked you more than once how you would like us to make it right and you repeated that you wanted to make sure other people aren't receiving the same food. To which I told you, it's very uncommon for us to receive complaints and the majority of our customers are returning regular customers. I asked if you would return so that I would be able to make it up to you to which you responded you wouldn't.
Again, I'm not sure how you would like me to help you if you don't want it. So again, I'm sorry there's nothing I can do for you and your bad experience. Kind regards, Iqubal.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

id never tried here before amd fancied a delivery for just myself one friday.
It arrived quickly and friendly delivery man. Curry was absolutely gorgeous, a veg ceylon, but the problem with it being that there was more liquid than substance. A couple of carrots and potatoes and that was it. Such a shame but utterly delicious. The bombay potatoes werent great and they kindly and quickly replaced them, which for my tastes werent my thing, but overall, this place is great. But as is usual with delivery, there is a minimum delivery amount which means i have enough leftover for next days lunch. Not from here..... ive some rice left and thats it, so, whilst its abit cheaper than other places, and perhaps abit more tastier, i dont think id be ordering again. Shame they dont have a restaurant.....would definitly go!

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Our regular source of family takeaways. Always good quality generous and reliable. Rarely disappointed.