“Great curries and a jolly atmosphere ”
Review of The Eastern Eye

The Eastern Eye
Ranked #156 of 612 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Mahal of Exquisite Indian Cuisine with the cities most impressive Georgian interior and triple domed high ceiling. Here at The Eastern Eye we are humbled and elated to have received multiple Restaurant of the Year Awards in 2011, along with a whole host of other accolades and positive reviews from popular magazines, newspapers and awards bodies. We specialize in wholesome traditional Indian food, with a touch of imagination and creative flair. We use some of the finest ingredients and pay immense attention to ensuring flavours are not only grounded in Indian culinary heritage, but also now and again break the mould with flavour combinations that are both unique and exceptionally delicious.
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed eating here tonight with friends. Our starters and main courses were excellent, as were all the sundries you order but are too full to finish! Good service and Kingfisher on tap! Price was reasonable also. Will come again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,013)

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We have been here many times and I have never reviewed it. Without doubt it is the best Indian restaurant in my hometown area and hands down beats others I have been to in the South West. Like others, I tend to take for granted things that I have lived with. What triggered me to write was, that on a Saturday night they changed my reservation time without a squeak. It was as good as always, service, quality and value for money. Nothing is too much trouble and the dining room never ceases to amaze me..

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely meal here. Excellent food, fabulous service. Very friendly staff and an awesome venue in there Center of bath. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We completed our whizz through Bath with dinner here. We were in a hurry as we still had to drive to Swindon. We asked our drunks waiter about 4 times to get a waiter to take our order. Eventually we had to summon the manager who then very graciously expedited our orders and meals. He gave us a popadum starter free of charge as an apology. The mixed grill starter had 3 different chicken skewer pieces on, and each piece had an obviously different flavour and was succulent. Unfortunately the shish kebab was tasteless and the lamb skewer dry and tough. The curries were much too sweet, but the dhansak was tasty. The sweet lassi and mango lassi' s were good too. Not particularly fond of the salty lassi.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely restaurant situated off Quiet Street in Bath with a real surprise when you enter. You get no hint of the spectacular dining room which once you climb the unassuming stairs opens up like a Tardis. We went for a family evening meal and were delighted with the food and service. The waiters are attentive and helpful although they could be more friendly.

I recommend this restaurant.