“Lovely venue, great food”

Aqua Restaurant & Bar - Bath
Ranked #53 of 620 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$20 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Housed in a spectacular former church house, the Aqua Restaurant and Bar is considered one of Bath’s finest Arts and Crafts buildings. The main dining area, gallery and alfresco courtyard provide a theatrical backdrop for the modern European cuisine. Aqua Italia cites a range of Mediterranean influences.In–the-know foodies have long been flocking to Aqua restaurant and bar to enjoy locally sourced produce, Italian coffee, continental beers, Prosecco and Bellini cocktails.
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Beautifully converted chapel, offering Italian-biased food.

We had foccacia to share as a starter - odd. The dip was lovely - a tomato sauce, with oil. That was great. But the bread was a bit stale, and heavy - not at all as I would expect foccacia to be. Didn't even look like foccacia (no dimples, rosemary, sea salt). Oh well.

Our main courses were lovely - I had a special, chicken milanese. Breaded, deep-fried breast of chicken served with spaghetti with a tomato sauce. My daughter had fillet steak and chips - the steak was perfectly cooked. Really impressed with both our meals.

One oddity - I ordered a glass of champagne, and they brought prosecco. When I queried it, they were very apologetic - people ask for champagne, but usually mean prosecco so that's what they bring. But I actually meant champagne! No matter, they didn't charge the premium, so fair enough.

Would eat here again - but essential to book at busy times. Would love to come for Sunday lunch.

If you found this review useful, please "like"!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Visited yesterday for the second time after two years and enjoyed great food, service and ambience. Well recommended.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

I booked a table for 2 for my boyfriends birthday and the service was brilliant! Our waitor was called Joe and he was so attentive and cheerful right from the very start! Made you feel so comfortable and he was always right there to help you with choices or even just to get you another drink, honestly never had such great quality service! The food was amazing too, the risotto balls as a starter are a definite must :) they also wrote happy birthday on my boyfriends dessert for us and left a little note on our bill to wishing us a good weekend! One of the best Italians I've ever been too, we will definitely be returning soon!! Thank you Joe :)

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

We were a hen party of 14, as part of a hen package the restaurant chosen was Aqua.
On arrival, the venue is beautiful, very grand and we were welcomed with very friendly service and shown straight to our reservation. It was a Friday evening and very busy so would advise booking in advance.
Location was about a 5 minute taxi from where we stayed and approx 15min walk. It was in the centre of bath so very close walk to the Main Street for where the clubs are, this was great & not too bad for walking in heels.
There were plenty of choice for drinks on the menu, food - we had already pre-ordered due to the size of our party. Approx waited 15mins for starters, they were delicious. Mains followed not long after, steak was cooked perfectly, the pork dishes that were served were a good portion size and was very well seasoned/cooked. We had a vegetarian option for one of our party and they accommodated to requests very well. The waitress asked whether we were ready for desserts or wanted to wait a little longer, that was lovely service with no rush to leave for a big party. We were also sat downstairs and could see the kitchen, everything was freshly prepared and very swift, organised.
At the end of the meal the waiters kindly took some group photos of the celebration for us which was nice. Thank you to the staff.
This restaurant is a lovely place to dine, especially for an occasion, the decor is very modern, clean and a great atmosphere to celebrate. The food was very nice and we would return. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with a hen party I was organising. Since making the booking I had regular contact with csaba who was amazing!! Due to allergies they made a special meal to suite my needs and we were made to feel really looked after! Absolutely wonderful service from all the staff - all so smiley and friendly. Food was quick and so efficient, and so so yummy!! 16 well fed (and watered ) hens!! Thank you for making it such a lovely experience.