“Tender Venison.”
Review of Raphael Restaurant

Raphael Restaurant
Reserve with
Raphael Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 628 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$40 - US$40
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Raphael restaurant is a much loved restaurant located in the heart of the beautiful city of Bath. Open since 2001 Raphael has established an excellent reputation for serving fabulous European inspired modern British food. Raphael has a cosy atmosphere and exquisite food, perfect for leisurely lunches, pre-theatre dining and intimate meals for two, the ideal place for any occasion. The head chef and his team create imaginative dishes using the freshest local produce available, with the emphasis on seasonality. At Raphael all of the mouth-watering desserts are made in-house, including the delicious ice-creams and sorbets. The friendly and professional staff welcome you warmly, whether you area visitor to the city or one of the regular clientele, many of whom have become good friends over the years. The wine list has been carefully chosen to ensure wines that complement the food perfectly, with reasonable prices, coupled with some amazing bin-ends.
Reviewed 15 August 2015

I discovered the Raphael Restaurant one morning when I was exploring Bath and decided to return for my evening meal.

The Restaurant was surprisingly empty when I returned but that resulted in me getting fast and attentive service.

My starter, “Tartlet of Chestnut Mushroom, Swiss chard and Emmental Cheese” was a great combination of flavours.

My main dish, of Venison was the most tender that I have ever tasted.

I will return to Bath one day and Raphael will be my first stop for dining.

1  Thank AuldJimmy

Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

Thursday in the middle of July is obviously not high season and we were almost alone in this nice looking place. The friendly waiter presented a typical french menue with interesting wines. The lamb, rib eye and duck all lived up to our expectations by far! The Lebanese wine (Ch Musar 2007) recommended didn't disappoint either!

Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed a wonderful meal to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. The service was outstanding. The waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful both in recommending wine and food. It was cooked to perfection and great value too. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 7 August 2015

We have walked past the restaurant many times and always thought it looked popular and friendly so tonight we tried it for the first time. A superb meal with attentive but not intrusive service, excellent selection of wines at not unreasonable prices but most importantly the food was top class... Will be back again soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2015

I booked this restaurant when we couldn't get into one of the higher ranked trip advisor restaurants on a Saturday night. But in the end, we couldn't have been happier with this restaurant - the food was incredibly good, the staff were lovely and the atmosphere just lively enough for a Saturday night. It is located close to the main Bath attractions. Can't recommend enough. It really should be higher up the trip advisor rankings!

1  Thank Claire T
LUKASZ W, Manager at Raphael Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2015

Thank you for your kind review, it gives us great pleasure when our customers have a great time enjoying the food, wine and service. We very much look forward to welcoming you again.