US$83
US$125
Jasmin Cottage(Glastonbury)
Haydn House(Glastonbury)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthank you for a lovelywalk into townfootpitchessitefacilitiestordog
Reviewed 27 August 2016

We are a family of four who stayed at the Wheelwrights Workshop for 3 nights. Kids slept on fold-out beds in the lounge area while we were up on the mezzanine in a very comfortable King-size bed. Well equipped little unit with everything you need in the kitchen. Wifi was a bit hit and miss but not the end of the world as we were out the majority of the time. Good value for money for a short break.

Room Tip: This is a self-catering establishment and not a hotel
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed at 'the old stable' as we had our dogs with us, we discovered on arrival that the old stable was actually 'the old garage' however not a huge issue, but we were expecting it to resemble a stable! (The garage door is still in place outside but has been boxed in on the inside!)
On arrival we found the owner, Jim, who showed us to the accommodation, whilst walking me over he told me that there used to be a duck in the garden but it had been killed, and if he found it was a dog that had killed it he would shoot it, regardless of whether or not it was on a lead! As we had two dogs with us, I interpreted this (rightly or wrongly) as a threat,so I was on tender hooks all week!
The accommodation itself was compact, which we'd expected from the reviews we'd seen prior to going. The one thing I wasn't expecting was the foot of the bed to be in front of the cooker, handy for breakfast in bed as you can see from my picture!
As the bathroom was so small it was impossible to get dressed in there and as there were two drops missing from the blinds in the main living area, getting dressed and undressed was a case of throwing your clothes on with the hope no one saw you!
There is a safe in the room which is handy, dishwasher (even handier) full sized cooker and microwave. Fridge has a little freezer compartment. Slight gripe with the fridge is that it froze everything, to the extent that a can of tango exploded in there while we were out covering all our food in orange, despite us turning it down, it appears to have a faulty thermostat.
Main living area has two nice leather sofas, one pulls out to a double bed which my son slept in and said was comfortable. The double bed in the kitchen, sadly had seen better days, it creaked and clunked when you moved in bed and trying to turn over meant waking the whole family up as it is that noisy. The memory foam mattress was comfortable as were the memory foam pillows, just the base spoilt it.
Location wise it's perfect for going up to The Tor as my husband and son did twice a day with the dogs, the garden area is well maintained with seating outside each cottage and was perfect for sitting in in the evening sun.
There is a laminated sheet in the accommodation requesting women remove make up before bed by using the cotton pads in the bathroom (there weren't any!) and that the towels and bedding was expensive, however our bedding appeared a little tired, although I do apologise for my hair colour rubbing off onto the bedding and the towels (it is vegetable dye so washes out at low temperatures) towels were crisp and white.
It does seem that I've picked on the negative points in the accommodation however I think with new blinds, a more secure bed base and no threats of shooting dogs this could be the most perfect idyllic place!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Helen G
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Our family of five stayed at Gertie's cottage and from the moment we arrived I was already working out how we could get back for another holiday. Bed was amazingly comfy, every possible detail attended to and the owners were very patient and forbearing with my multiple occasions of disorganisation (beginning with deleting my entire email inbox and finishing with me forgetting that I said we would bring bedding for our extra child and plenty of things in between). The views are gorgeous and the location just right for peace and quiet as well as plenty to see and do. Thank you so very much. We will be telling all our friends!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Thank Pass;Mrs.kate P
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed for a 12 day break, and have had a wonderful time. The owners are very friendly and the site is quiet with excellent facilities which are very well maintained. The website had all the information you need in respect of arrival and setting up. The toilets and showers are clean, tidy and very modern.

We cannot rate this site highly enough, and will be back soon - thank you for a lovely time.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2016

We stayed here with friends in the caravanning field. There was no one to meet us on arrival and no obvious reception. Our friend had a query and had to ring the owner who arrived within 10 mins. We had 2dogs with us who were on leads on pegs asleep on the floor. The owner told us that If our dogs were off lead he would shoot them! This was uncalled for. The day after we were sat with our dogs and I assume the owners wife saw that they were not pegged on leads and became upset, they were within arm's reach. we immediately put the dogs on leads and then the owner came over and was very confrontational towards a member of our party. This was totally uncalled for and made us feel very uncomfortable for the rest of our stay.
The showers were constantly flooded. There are lots of signs up informing people of what they are allowed to do.
the location of this site is lovely but the customer service is very poor. I would definitely not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends