US$133
US$81
Priceline
US$101
US$123
Premier Inn Wells (Somerset)(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$66
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Wookey Hole Hotel(Wookey Hole)
US$64
US$62
US$95
US$72
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

All reviewscentral locationgreat pubcomfortable bedroom was largestayed for one night
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night while meeting friends. I was shown to my room and was warned about possible noise untill 1 am.. The room was large with a large bathroom. The bed was very comfy. There was noise from the bar when i went to bed but to be honest it didnt bother me and i went straight to sleep no problem. My only gripe is that for the money i would expect breakfast. They have a restaurant so its not as if they are not geared up for food. Would have been 5 stars but no breakky was a disappointment. We went for breakfast in the nearby wetherspoons and to be honest i wish i hadn't bothered. We will be back to The city arms though as we enjoyed our stay and the central position is a bonus.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2018

I took my family including 3 adults and myself and 2 children one aged 2+ and 1 aged 4+ I paid nearly £60 for 3 burger and chips 2 children's meals. and one vegetarian meal. (no drinks by the other half coughed up for those) We waited so long the kids started complaining of being hungry. The food eventually arrived (well some of it) with us panicking about getting back to the cars because the food had taken so long. So we were presented with three burger and chips and 1 child meal so myself and one kid ended up watching everyone else eat. when we asked where our meals were - we told they had not been put through by the desk ( I went to the desk and i was shown the order. Yes it had been put through. but it was too late to wait another hour for the missing meals so i told them I was disgusted and had the meals refunded that were missing. In the meantime one hungry little girl ended up with bits from other peoples plates in place of the dinner she wanted. As we were walking out through the door we were offered ice creams for the kids - it was a bit late don't you think. I do not recommend nor will I ever step foot in the place again. I have one thing to say if you want to pay a over £10 for burger and chips i guess you might actually get the meal but if you want anything else its hit and miss as to whether you will actually get it. The décor is fine if you just want to pay for the privilege of sitting there. There is nothing worse than watching others eat while you are sat there starving. it gets zero from me..

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2017

Really can't recommend this place at all! We never actually got to stay there, as the venue double booked us - even though we'd booked online and received confirmation of the booking!

It took the venue about 30 hours after we'd made the booking to actually work out that they'd double booked us. They had apparently accepted a telephone booking around the time we'd made our online booking. They only phoned us the afternoon before the booking was due to begin - and by that stage we'd set off for a long weekend and weren't in a position to find alternative accommodation very easily at all. What a huge disappointment and so unprofessional.

The staff found an alternative accommodation for us. But this was in a B&B further out of town - and there was no offer of any contribution towards this different accommodation as a gesture of an apology! They seemed to think we should be quite pleased with this alternative - as it offered breakfast and parking - whereas the City Arms didn't. What they failed to appreciate was we hadn't actually wanted to book parking or breakfast - and the proximity of the City Arms to the city centre was the main importance to us.

The whole experience was a complete shambles. Totally ruined our time away and put us off using booking.com. Beware your booking doesn't get binned too!

Room Tip: Beware the booking arrangements - they're a total shambles!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night on Saturday 28th October as we were going to WestFest at the Royal Bath & West Showground.
Found the place really easily. Parked on the road with no issues (1 hour, no return, 8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday).
The girls on the bar were really friendly and welcoming at check-in. One girl showed us to our room, (1) which was up the outdoor circular staircase in the courtyard. The room and bathroom was light, airy and recently decorated. All really clean and fresh. Very comfortable bed. I had called to confirm the booking the week before and she was able to recommend a taxi for for us to use too. Didn’t get to stay for the breakfast but the menu looked great. Would stay again. Thanks for having us :)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Stayed here with my young son on the way back from a road trip. What a nice little hotel & alittle bit different, He thought it was fun staying in an "old Jail". Must say we had a great room lovely and big and open planned walk in modern shower room, Large flat screen TV and tea/coffee facilities. Great evening meal and a big full English breakfast.
Only thing that good be improved the bed sheets could over been much better laundered(ironed), looked like they had been slept in.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family