“Good food but lacked atmosphere”
Review of The Wine House

The Wine House
Ranked #25 of 172 Restaurants in Lichfield
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2018

We recently visited and found the restaurant and food very good. The first dish I choose for my main was already sold out but the alternative was very good. Very good portions and well cooked. Service was fine but lacked any social interaction which meant although there was no issues with the service it left you feeling it was a bit mechanical Worth a visit.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Although the food was good, I can't score it more than 'average' due to the very lack lustre waitress that we had...it was an evening of asking!
We had to wait for 15 minutes for the wine and to ask where it was before they brought it over. We also had to ask for the dessert menu, coffee and the bill as well as asking if we could pay, as she walked past the credit card on the platter several times!
Shan't be going back there again, if the service is generally this poor.

1  Thank robbie1962
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

In response to Amie D’s review, I must say that your comments and 1* review are extremely unfair! You state that you’ve never eaten there, is it fair to leave a review on an establishment when you clearly haven’t received any service from them. I have eaten here a few times now and find the venue to be clean, the staff well presented and attentive, the food excellent and if you look into the kitchen (it’s an open kitchen) it looks immaculate! May I suggest trying to talk to the management if you have an issue. Keep up the good work Wine House, I’ll be back in next week. The wagyu flat iron is delicious with beef dripping chips!!

2  Thank easytoplease86
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Came here with a few of my friends and the service was brilliant and the food was better! Would love to go again

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Olly N
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Never been here and never would due to the appearance and hygiene priorities of the kitchen staff. If you would like to see for yourself, walk around the back of the winehouse where you can see the chefs that prepare your dinner either sat on the food waste bins or the carpark floor smoking. Yum yum. Enjoy!

7  Thank Amie D