Open today: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM

via mobile
Disappointing weekend

Reviewed 8 August 2021
shazbat56

All reviews our waiter service was prompt fillet steak chocolate brownie christmas lunch spring onion mash lovely outdoor area lovely meal sunday roast lovely staff reid pint
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had Sunday lunch at 12.30, they had no soup of the day left … at 12.30pm?? All the mains were heavy, no healthy options. Quite old fashioned really!
My husband’s beef was tough. I opted for chicken breast (didn’t really want it but my other options were limited). Asked for it without spinach but they couldn’t do it. So went for my last option of steak pie (haven’t ordered pie for years but that was my least objectionable). Fatty meat in pie, wasn’t very nice.
Overall, dull, old fashioned menu, heavy and boring to be honest.
Would be nice if they could keep up with current trends and supply what people actually want!
PS a couple actually left when we were there after looking at the menu.
All of this is a true representation.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful service as always, lovely to have a gathering here in a beautiful setting for my cousins baby shower. Brilliant food and drinks!

Reviewed 9 August 2021

We booked the weekend here to celebrate my 60th Birthday having stayed here several times we were disappointed in the changes since our last visit. The restaurant prices have soared and choice of dishes not so good. Pop music played everywhere including the garden and toilets to loud for our tastes. We booked in February and had a specific room asked for but this didn't happen. Our room was very comfortable but with a green led ceiling light above the door it was too bright and not easy to sleep. We also thought that it was difficult to find a table if you just want a couple of drinks before eating.

Reviewed 30 July 2021 via mobile

The food was ok personally i thought it was overpriced for what it was. The service was ok but if you want something you need to get someones attention. But the worst thing was the amount of dead wasps and flies in the window sill which made it feel dirty. I very much doubt i will be returning.

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

Food very average but prices do not reflect this. Expensive for what you get. Service and staff attitudes could be improved. Apart from hand gel dispenser at entrance no COVID measures apparent. Disappointed.

Date of experience: June 2021