“Lunch”

Soup Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 233 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Soup Kitchen, at the top of Church Lane overlooking St Mary’s Church, has been run by the Sandy family for over thirty years. We pride ourselves on our freshly cooked food and are so flattered that folk keep coming back time and time again to visit us. When the weather is fine our roof top garden is always popular and it’s a great place to relax and let life pass you by. From Monday to Saturday we are open for breakfasts, morning coffees, lunches and afternoon teas. Everything is homemade and our team in the bake house work throughout the day turning out delicious pastries, cakes and other delicacies. We offer table and self-service.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited Soup Kitchen on 5th August 2021 with friend. I had lasgne and my friend had the fish and chips. Food was delicious and piping hot. We followed that with the trio of ice cream.. Love visiting Soup Kitchen, one of the best places in Stafford.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed 16 August 2021

Came for my birthday today was absolutely lovely food was great the owner couldn't do enough for me provided colouring and a tablet for my son and made me feel so welcome really made my day thank you so much.

Reviewed 13 August 2021

Visited yesterday with a friend for lunch.
What a great place.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The menu had lots of choice. We decided on the steak and ale pie with puff pastry.
This came with vegetables and chips. It was piping hot and extremely delicious.
Very generous portions at a very fair price.
There were lots of amazing looking desserts too. My friend had the treacle tart with custard and said it was very yummy. !
On our next trip to Stafford we will definitely eat here again.
Thank you to everyone at the soup kitchen.
See you again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

My Husband, Son and myself visited this little Gem whilst
staying in Stafford for a Film Premier and we ordered
Scone with Jam and Cream, Carrot Cake and Bakewell
Tart (both with cream) and Coffee - all were delicious and
the Owner and Staff were very friendly and we were
told about the History of the Building which made our
visit even more special - only wish we lived nearer as
this would be a weekly visit.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 10 August 2021

Another beautiful meal with the family at The Soup Kitchen , food was very delicious and the service was fantastic as always a big shout out to Mandy who was very attentive to our table. Look forward to returning.