All Saints Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$125
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$104
The Bushel(Bury St Edmunds)
US$79
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$111
US$95
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$106/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$135
US$86
PremierInn.com
The Fox Inn(Bury St Edmunds)
US$111
Hotels.com
The Abbey Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
Oak Farm Barn(Bury St Edmunds)
Hotels.com
All reviewsmain buildinggarden roomchalet roomswestern hotelslovely groundstown centregood sizeold housestayed here for two nightsgood nights sleepexcellent breakfastbiscuitsenjoyable stayshort breakstefanweddingannex
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights during the Christmas market, we had garden room no 34 radiator was very noisey, evening meal a disaster for one of our party, didn't get charged for her meal breakfast was even worse, didn't get charged for breakfast felt very sorry for young staff having to cope with this, much needed upgrade and sound proofing

Room Tip: Please do not have room 34
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Darren H, Manager at Best Western Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Michele,
Thank you for advising us of your less than satisfactory experience at The Priory Hotel.
This is most unusual and I shall be discussing all aspects with the team to look for improvements. Please do contact The Hotel Manager Kim David should you wish to discuss any aspects of your stay further.
Yours sincerely,
Darren Hayward.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the Xmas market on the 25th November room was lovely plenty of room bed comfortable bathroom huge the only thing was the heating it wasn’t working had the evening meal and it was a bit disappointing although the breakfast was lovely there was some people complaining abt there rooms but ours was ok would stay again if in same room.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Kim D, Manager at Best Western Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Mr Russell,
Thank you for your review of our hotel.
I apologies for the issue with the heating, I have spoken with our maintenance team to find the cause of this.
I'm sorry to hear that your dinner wasn't up to our standard and shall take your comments to our Chefs.
The hotel is due for refurbishment and extension early next year. I look forward to being able to show improvement for your next visit.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Such a great place to stay in Bury, not too central, but located in a quiet area, 20 minute walk from the centre. Stayed here for the night before visiting Bury's Christmas Fair. Great night stay in a wonderful room, and a 5 star breakfast. Lovely staff!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Kim D, Manager at Best Western Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Carlos,
Thank you for your review; I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will pass on your kind words to all the staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

We stayed in one of the courtyard rooms, comfortable & clean, very comfortable beds. All members of staff were friendly & helpful, however at breakfast I felt sorry for the waiting staff who were constantly having to apologize for the shortcomings of the kitchen. The cooked breakfast was slow in coming out but I do understand that the hotel was very full due to it being Bury St. Edmunds Christmas market weekend but I would have thought the management having known in advance of the many bookings would have ordered in extra breakfast items to allow for the amount of guests and maybe got in a few agency staff. The orange juice ran out every day we were there about halfway through the breakfast service, ( we stayed 3 nights), despite asking everyday for natural yogurt there was only flavored available. The coffee was constantly running out as were cups & breakfast bowls. The waiting staff through all this maintained a smile and were very polite and helpful but I feel they were constantly stressed by the lack of response from the kitchen which resulted in us being completely missed out on our final breakfast and after several times of trying to get someone to take our order finally succeeded, by which time we were also exasperated. We are not usually ones to complain But it does seem to have been a problem with management not undertaking the supervision needed when so many bookings have been made for what is always a weekend of fun & laughter for the whole town and should not have been anything unexpected for the management of this hotel.

Room Tip: We noticed courtyard room 41 was lovely !
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie A

Dear Debbie,
Thank you for your review of the Priory Hotel.
I am sorry to hear of your experience regarding breakfast service. I will be taking your comments about the breakfast service with me to the next meeting with my chefs.
I will pass your compliments to the breakfast staff on your behalf.
I hope that we can welcome you back to the Priory Hotel in the future and show improvement, especially with the newly developed Garden Restaurant and new bedrooms.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is well located for the town and has reasonable facilities with plenty of parking and nice grounds.

Although our room was spacious and quite quaint with uneven floors and a little period charm parts were in need of a refresh, especially the bathroom and window blinds. Road noise was evident too as it is close to a busy junction.

So all in all a reasonable place to stay but somewhat dated. We didn't try the hotel catering as we thought the breakfasts a tad pricey.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear BlueBoxsa,
Thank you for your review.
We are currently undergoing a rolling refurbishment of our bedrooms and have plans for an expansion of our Garden Restaurant.
I am sorry to hear of the noise disruption cue to traffic; it will be something I bring up with my team.
We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.