“Friday night drinks”

Ranked #175 of 1,326 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of the most iconic venues in Newcastle, with the best views of the River Tyne & surrounding tourist landmarks. Pitcher & Piano has it all, offering a varied selction of beers, wines & cocktails to accompany our freshly prepared and home cooked food. With an outside seating capcity of 250, we have the prime spot in Newcastle on a warm summer's day. Yet when the colder nights draw in, the stunning views of the millenium Bridge is a must as it lights the North East skies. **Opening times are based on the bar and we serve food from opening, through until 9.30pm. Please note this may vary in the Winter so please get in touch to check**
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in for a drink whilst walking along The Quayside. Nice atmosphere, live music and managed to get a seat too.

nathanr181_1993, Manager at Pitcher & Piano - Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Suejinks,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks,
P&P

Write a ReviewReviews (2,132)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good late lunch of tempura prawns and wine, but sadly spoilt by lack of staff attention as we had to wait almost 20 minutes to be served.

Hi barnackle_Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. Please accept my apologies that your visit did not meet your expectations- I hope it does not deter you from visiting again in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So after living in Newcastle all my life I had never been here for drinks or food ever! & I strongly think I should have looked my decision a lot sooner! The food here is pretty darn good! I got a Club Sandwhich, which was just downright tasty, and the waiters an waitresses were lovely! I've been to many restaurants (reviewed and un-reviewed) and they normally never ask if you would like any sauces with your meal. So to be asked was a really nice change! I also got a brownie, and honestly brownie is my go to pudding choice, I kid you not, you can never do it wrong. Anyway, this was amazing! Normally you get a small brownie for the price of things, but this was huge! I can only describe it as a slab, it was warm, gooey, it melted in my mouth, and the ice cream was absolutely wonderful that I got with it. So seriously, hats off to the restaurant for the pricing and portion sizes, they are spot on, and extremely delicious! I also want to say Abigail was amazing, she was extremely busy, but she handled everything with ease, she's a credit to you guys!

Hi ZoeMorrison,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your brownie- it's one of my favourites too! I'll be sure to pass on your comments on to Abigail, who I'm sure will be glad that her hard work has been recognised.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nice place situated right on the right nice views of the city. Reasonably priced food was good and pretty quick service

Hi Andrewjp83,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This bar is beautiful with big glass windows overlooking the Quayside. The cocktail list is fairly long and has variety. Go during happy hour and get 2 for 1 hour cocktails (I recommend the lemon merengue!). This is one of the nicer bars in the area and had lots of business men in during happy hour.

Hi AMW9219,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and will be sure to pass on your comments to our bar team!