“Birthday meal”

Achellos Italian Restaurant
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Great service great food , steaks cooked perfectly, we were a party of 16 everyone got different dishes and everyone happy with their food even my fussy kids, take your own alcohol, food reasonable prices soft drinks expensive

BillA1765, Owner at Achellos Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Hi Amanda,
Thank you for your lovely review! We hope to see you again soon, Thanks Achellos :)

Reviewed 3 September 2018

About a year ago, my Dad told me about a new local restaurant that had opened, and that he had one of the best steaks he has ever had in said restaurant and that I had to try it. Now I am a meathead, and to make such a claim, well, let's say I was sceptical, especially when he told me how reasonably priced said steak was. So he took me along to enlighten me. Let's just say since then I have returned no less than five times, with friends, work colleagues and on romantic liaisons with my missus. I have had the ribeye steak, which was cooked exactly how I like it, bloody as hell, but not raw. Ideal temp. As for the pizza, calzones, pasta... well I've sampled most of the menu from others and I have never eaten anything here that has fallen short of excellent. The venue is very well presented, clean and tidy. Yes, it can get a little busy and loud at the weekend, but with the quality and affordability that it offers, this is unsurprising. Portion sizes are on point, the service is always friendly, and if you have any special requirements for your meal, the chefs are always happy to oblige. In short, for the price point it offers, there are few places that can match the quality that it serves. It is BYOB however, but there is a One Stop and a Nisa next door, so nothing stopping you saving a few quid on wine there too. So if its a romantic mid-week meal that wont break the bank, or its taking the kids for Sunday lunch (which they do very well, considering its an Italian restaurant), or you just dont fancy traipsing into town and your local? Achellos is the place to go.

Hi Ted,
Thank you for sharing your recent dining experience at Achellos, we are pleased to hear you and your husband enjoyed the food here at Achellos. We also pride ourselves on providing the best customer service, quality food and a pleasant dining experience for all our customers and we are very happy to hear you received this.
I will forward this onto the team and hope to see you soon.
Many Thanks, Achellos

Reviewed 1 September 2018

Having attended this evening for a 21st birthday party we waited 30 mins before our order was taken. The starter arrived after 1 hour 15 mins and 1 hour 40 mins for the main course. The food no better than average. Had it not been for the fact it was a family birthday we would have walked out. Never go back to this place again.

Hi William,
I have looked into this review and i have been informed your reservation was on a very busy Saturday night with having large bookings in at the same time. Here at Achellos we don't like to rush our customers we like to make them feel relaxed and not rushed to be straight out. With your table reservation being booked a table of 33 not all of the guests arrived at the same time which is why you waited 30 minutes for your order to be taken.
Regarding the time wait for the food, when order was taking you were advised the waiting time for the food and could of spoken to the manager if you were not happy about this. It does take time when making sure you and your guests get to have their meals at the same time, and some of your guests did order well done fillet steaks, burgers and fish dishes which alone take 30-40 minutes to cook.
Hopefully we will see you again in the restaurant and hopefully your wait wont be as long! Thanks Achellos :)

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Well decorated inside and friendly staff.
Garlic bread with cheese was lovely, would definitely have it again. However we ordered lasagne and spaghetti bol and wasnt impressed. Too dry and too tomatoey. But i guess that depends how you like it...

Hi Amy,
Thank you for your review, hopefully we will see you again in the restaurant and if you do get a lasagne or spaghetti Bolognse you can always ask for extra sauce or less napoli and we will be more than happy to do so as everything in the restaurant is made fresh! Thanks Achellos :)

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Firstly I will say the food and service is spot on its more that with it being a large space the noise off other diners is very loud one of the staff was having her own party there and the members off her party were disgraceful there younger kids were let to run around the restaurant without shirts on screaming at the top of there voices and the parents in there football tops and there cans of lager were shouting at there kids at the top of there voices so the noise was unbearable hopefully its just during the school holidays and will get back to normal soon but I wont be returning.

2  Thank Stephen R

Hi Stephen R,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear the food and service was good on your visit! :) Regarding the noise, with it being the school holidays the restaurant does get extremely busy with parents and children and sometimes the noise is out of control however we do ask the parents to respect other diners in the restaurant. I can say this does not happen very often and we would hope to see you in Achellos again! Many Thanks Achellos