Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great 11 year old boys party

I took my son & a group of friends to celebrate his 11th birthday. They were hoping for a few... read more

Reviewed yesterday
victoriaramshaw
Blaydon, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great escape room

We do a lot of escape rooms and this was up there with the best. Really well thought out theme... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Franshinks
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Newcastle upon Tyne
from US$35.26
from US$12.34
from US$35.26
More Info
All reviews great fun seconds to spare game master interesting puzzles minutes left set the scene local history well thought out amazing experience team building my birthday witch plague armageddon clues hints nudge
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friends and I have booked The witch and the plague on the same day. It was a different experience from the other escape rooms we had experienced. It started with Martin and Jake as the hosts of our games. They were so friendly, very accomodating and excellent hosts. Before each game, it started with a history which made it more interesting and real. The game is a mixture of logic, common sense, strategy, teamwork and communication. For 1 hour you enter into a different world full of mysteries, adventures and fun. Working as one will be your success. Its not your typical escape room- not just locks, keys nor puzzles but it offers much more than that. Escape Key is one of a kind and I Highly recommend that you try them! No wonder they are rated excellent. Find it out for yourselves.

P.S they even accomodated us even though they were closed on a Monday. They are also not just your average hosts but there is something more to them that meets the eye.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked Armageddon as a gift for my partner and a friend and we had an amazing time. We hadn’t done an escape room before but we loved it. The room was really immersive and well thought out and the clues were helpful but didn’t give the game away. We solved it with 5 minutes to spare and can’t wait to try another room.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have done many many escape rooms now as a duo. We absolutely loved this room and we’ve definitely saved the best for last in Newcastle. The plague room had us laughing our heads off, and screaming the roof down. We absolutely smashed through the room then there was at least 10 minutes where I was paralysed with fear and didn’t touch/do anything whilst my partner completed a task. Then once I got over that, we smashed through until the last puzzle. Absolutely 10/10 for range of puzzles. Skill, logic, physical, keys, codes, locks. We will be RUSHING back to play here.

The room wasn’t *that* scary I’m just a total wimp. It was atmosphere and the vibe that really set the scene for us.

Harley was an AMAZING games master. He guided us in the right way if we were totally straying, he didn’t respond to my furious “HELP US” cries that I would periodically yell. But if we used the clue system and actually asked a direct question he would give us a cryptic enough answer to make us think about the puzzle. At the end of the room, we were all crying laughing as I was singing shine Jesus shine to the wall......

10/10 experience.

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 23 April 2021

We have previously been to the Escape Key location and enjoyed their rooms immensely. Of course with lockdown they have had to shut up shop BUT what they have been up to in that time is fantastic. I am talking about their outdoor escapes - Rosies Charm and most recently 13 Ghosts. We did 13 Ghosts as two families (adults and children) and it was great. Firstly, the exploring that it forces you to do in Newcastle means you will find parts of the city new to you (even if you live here) but if you are visiting this is a great way to see the city. The story and videos are great and it works seamlessly on a smart phone. I didn't even know this type of thing could be done but I am so happy that it has and by the Escape Key team with such enthusiasm and quality. We will be back! Don't hesitate and book now.

Date of experience: April 2021
J9991KAmartina, Owner at The Escape Key, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2021

Thank you Jonathan for your really thorough review. We're delighted you appreciate the effort that went into the game. Great to hear you enjoyed playing it.

Reviewed 14 March 2021

A lovely way for the family to spend an afternoon walking through the beautiful streets of Newcastle and testing your puzzle solving skills. The game has been very skillfully put together and was an ideal outdoor activity. We look forward to doing one of the indoor escape rooms next.
Tip: wear comfortable shoes !!!!

Date of experience: December 2020