“Best restaurant in Newcastle”
Review of Branches Jesmond

Branches Jesmond
Price range: US$5 - US$32
Description: Our chef’s source the freshest local “best of British” & “around the world” produce direct from nearby suppliers, farms and markets. Our menu’s change regularly to provide the best seasonal produce to our customers. Our bar serves handcrafted cocktails to order, alongside specially selected beers, wines & spirits in an environment that is perfect to relax, unwind and catch up with friends.
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to Branches and we were not disappointed. Firstly, the manager who greets at the door is excellent, he remembered us from our last visit and had reserved us a table under the tree at my request as we were celebrating my children’s SAT’s results. He was so lovely to the kids as he knew from my email it was a special occasion and why we were there. He congratulated the children which made them feel really special. All of the staff here are very professional and attentive. The food is simply divine - my husband had the mango prawn starter and they even did me a small portion of carbonara for my starter as i wanted to try something different for my main but i had remembered the carbonara was so amazing. from the previous visit and didn’t want to miss out on getting a taste of it again. The flat iron steak is amazing, the chips are perfect and the beef jus is to die for. The kids fish and chips was amazing too. Thank you for a very enjoyable experience - we will be back.

1  Thank Jane E
Branches R, Guest Relations Manager at Branches Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Firstly a huge well done to your children!! Secondly, thank you for taking the time to leave us such fantastic feedback. I will pass your kind comments onto our manager too! We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Many thanks

Reviewed 15 July 2018

We have been here a few times and also visited the restaurant in Ponteland. As always the food is on point and the staff and service are 100%. The management and staff seem to have this nack of making you feel like a superstar. It is our all-time favourite lunch and early dinner go-to restaurant. Value for money and amazing surroundings. The only thing I think they need is Air con. The restaurant can get hot at times, however, that's a personal opinion and not at all a criticism

1  Thank James L

Thank you for your feedback, we really do appreciate it the time our customers take in leaving a review! I am so pleased that as a regular diner, Branches isn't disappointing you! We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Ate here to celebrate my Graduation with my family and it was such a treat! My mum is gluten free and they looked after her so well! The waiters were all incredible and very attentive. The venue is lovely and the food is amazing. Will definitely be returning!

1  Thank annalD8012JK

Firstly congratulations on your Graduation! Secondly many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we hugely appreciate it and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Had a fabulous dinner here tonight. Graduation menu wonderful. Compare it to some of the best hotels we have been to with 5* food and service. Loved the hot bread rolls and seasoned salt. Goats cheese salad and pate just amazing. Can’t fault. Thank you for a perfect end to a perfect family gathering

1  Thank Carole B

Thank you for your kind review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your evening and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We came here to celebrate moving to Newcastle so we wanted to find somewhere special, and Branches definitely delivered! The restaurant is beautifully decorated, and the atmosphere is so relaxed and pleasant despite actually being quite a busy place. The staff were all so friendly and attentive, we can't fault anything. There were nice touches throughout the evening, and the food was stunning. For starters we had the smoked salmon, and the tomato confit. Before the main they brought an amuse-bouche, which was a cauliflower cheese and potato ball, that was delicious and a nice surprise! For mains I had lamb which fell apart beautifully, probably the best lamb I've eaten in a restaurant. My boyfriend had steak which was perfectly cooked. Despite being stuffed by then, we had to order desserts because they sounded so good. We had the mango cheesecake, and the lemon sponge, again both were amazing. Thank you to the staff for a perfect evening. I would highly recommend this place!

1  Thank Rosiemcn003

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, its much appreciated!

I would like to welcome you to Newcastle and hope too welcome you back to Branches very soon!