“Ok but nothing special!”

Franco's Terrace Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Four of us went for an eveing meal and from start to finish we were rushed through each course and the staff even tried to clear the table before we were even finshed!!
The food was ok, nothing special, had better, but then again, had worse, that's why I have only rated it as average.
We went on a Groupon deal, as did a lot of others, but found it worked out quite expensive compared to other, and better, restaurants in Newcastle.
Will I go again?, nah, I can think of many better places to spend my hard earned money!

There are newer reviews for Franco's Terrace Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed 11 February 2013

great night went with friends whom had,nt been before great service a warm welcome nothing to much trouble only thing wrong my fav sweet none left gutted have tryed it here before and have to say its the best waiter very sorry and more then made up for this we will be back

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Franco’s Terrace. Fri. 01 02 13
1st. visit to Franco’s Tce. Jesmond. We went for 6 pm with a Groupon. No problem booking the previous night. A bit difficult to find on a dark night, at a busy time for traffic. If you use the post-code for sat-nav, it’s behind the row of shops and is adjacent to the Metro line. Parking will be difficult at busy times but we were lucky to get one of their own spaces outside the restaurant. An interesting walk across the patio, complete with water feature, which will be fab in the summertime! There is covered outdoor seating at the entrance and a cosy waiting area just inside.
We were first in and chatted to the waiter at the bar before selecting a seat and browsing the menu. This is very comprehensive indeed and took some time! Helped along by the glass of Prosecco, which was enjoyable. The Groupon restrictions were waived (I mentioned that I’d like bruschetta, but I didn’t order this, actually). The restaurant is quite large, long and of modern décor, but with traditional touches, which I found very likable. All tables were attractively & correctly set (almost - but I’m dead fussy!), the lighting was pleasing but a bit difficult to read the white on black menu’s. The music was possibly just a bit too loud but would fine when more people were seated. We ordered squid / mussels starters & duck leg / Cannelloni mains. The starters arrived after an interval which suggested freshly cooked food. They were very good and generous! Main courses soon followed which were equally good. A glass of ‘house red’ was very pleasant. Only another two couples came in whilst we were there, but a larger party was booked for later. It had been busy the previous night and booked to be busy on Sat. night. On paying, the full groupon value was deducted from the bill and only the extra was paid. Very fair!
All in all, a very pleasant evening. To be recommended.

Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

We have been here a few times now and on each occasion the food has been amazing. The last time we went I
Started with a garlic foccia bread and had garlic chilli prawns for mains.
The service is great and the atmosphere is always warm and friendly. Great for a quick lunch bite or a nice evening meal .

1  Thank GeetaR21
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I have been to Franco's now at least 30 times, possibly more. It never fails to disappoint and has quickly become my favourite restaurant of all time. The staff are the most wonderful and welcoming I have ever experienced and even the idea of their food makes my mouth water. From the moment you walk in, it is clear how much love and tlc goes into creating such a wonderful business.
I have spent many celebratory occasions here and will certainly continue to do so. I have recommended it to many friends and would continue to do so.
The perfect place for any occasion, whether a light lunch or a big birthday dinner.