“Gem in the centre of town”
Review of Eats Cafe

Eats Cafe
Ranked #375 of 1,401 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

We went to this fantastic cafe during a recent trip to Newcastle.
Great comfort food at a very good price. The service was excellent too.
Mince and dumplings with a Yorkshire pudding was gorgeous.
Will definitely go again.

Date of visit: November 2015

Reviewed 21 October 2015

Situated in the Grainger Market, this good little cafe.Myself and my husband had to wait for a table at lunchtime, which to me is a good sign. The staff were very polite, and soon cleared and cleaned the table. I had a Jacket potato with beans, hubby had a bacon sandwich. The food was well presented, good quality food. All food was very reasonably priced, good sized portions. What a busy place. They do toasties, sandwiches, scones, jacket potatoes, soup and a roll, also giant yorkshire puds filled which looked delicious, and many more dishes. Well worth a try.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

Came here on my own for a quick but hot lunch. It's table service and you pay the waiter when ordering. I liked that as no messing around afterwards. I ordered the jacket potato with cheese and beans. It was a hearty size and tasty enough. The beans had clearly been in the saucepan for a while (it was gone 2pm) but fortunately, that's how I like them. The side salad was decent enough, nothing remarkable and the service was good. Glad the waiters didn't pester me. Cost £4.30 which I think is a little dear for a spud but no complaints. As I say, good enough.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

You have to have beef stew in giant Yorkshire pud - absolutely FAB!! One of "the must haves" when in Newcastle.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 11 August 2015

First trip we had Shepard lamb pie. Delicious. So good we went back and had the Steak and kidney pie. Also delicious. Service great, and waiter very friendly. Loved how everybody talked to everybody. Would love to return.

Date of visit: August 2015