“Great food”

Price range: US$19 - US$32
Description: 1st authentic Lebanese restaurant owned by Lebanese
Description: 1st authentic Lebanese restaurant owned by Lebanese
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We went here for a family meal - sat down at 6pm on a Saturday. It was quiet but still had a nice feel to it. We have eaten here before. The food was really excellent - hummus, koftas, grilled lamb & chicken (can't remember the names) were fantastic. Difficult to fault. Kids really enjoyed it to - and they thought the chips were the 'best ever!'

1  Thank Mark J

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Worth catching a cab to. Staff, Food and Price were beautiful! Go! Pastry meze was a delectable tŕeat and the lamb was to die for. Not a big reviewer as I am seldom impressed but this place is a must!

I even got an extra portion as mine had been bagged up coz I couldn't eat it all and it went missing...so they made me one to take home! What a treat!

Brilliant x

1  Thank Les2301
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Amazing Food , wine and ambiance.
A place where you can simply enjoy healthy delicious food from vegan , vegetarian to meat and chicken choice with very special spices. Great ambiance and friendly environment and staff. Once you go there do not forget to order Lebanese Wine , hommos ,labne and tabboule.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I have been getting their wraps in lunch special deal for a long time whenever I'm in the area, normally mixed shawarma wrap, tastes divine! The deal includes a wrap of your choice, with spiced chips and a can of pop all for £5.50. I tend to ring ahead to order to save some time, it's always ready in 5-10 minutes.
Read another review saying they waited 35 minutes. 2 months ago we sat in for lunch and my friend had ordered grilled chicken wrap and had to wait for a long time as well, no explanation offered at point of ordering, only when we questioned, because 'grilling' takes time. I think this should be stated on the menu or at least mentioned as some people have short lunch breaks.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We booked dinner at this restaurant after seeing positive reviews on tripadvisor. We were grateful to be accommodated at short notice at what is a highly ranked restaurant. The service was good and the staff was pleasant, attentive but not intrusive. Unfortunately that was as good as it got. The restaurant was busy, which is fine, but the presence of a loud group at the same time we were in did not help with the ambience. That aside the food was ordinary. It is a disservice to other similar type of restaurants in Newcastle to suggest this one is outstanding. We certainly did not get the hype. Whilst this restaurant is perfectly fine and perhaps worth an experience for its warmth hearty feel, there are a lot of better restaurants in Newcastle where you will get a more fulfilling culinary experience. This is far from a top 10 restaurant and I will not be recommending it.

2  Thank Ishmael C