“Impressed”

Ranked #747 of 1,287 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

I can't fault our dining experience at the Peregrine. We had a late lunch on New Years Eve with four adults and 3 kids.

The food arrived quickly and was piping hot and delicious. The portions were very generous and well cooked.

Prices were very reasonable especially the two courses for £8. Overall very happy with the food and service we recieved and thoroughly recommend!

2  Thank Tracy M
There are newer reviews for The Peregrine

Reviewed 31 December 2016

Cheap and cheerful but vast menu whith on going fantastic deals. I go once maybe twice a week for a family meal never spend more than £30. Don't go here expecting fresh al le carte food, go expecting to get what you pay for and you will be satisfied. Fish and chips Friday is fantastic value and better than most local chippies. Cannot go wrong with there double cheese burger with a pint for around £6. And if you want a no thrills but decent tasting banquet, not meal banquet sized Indian with a pint come on a wednesday. Shame a good ale isn't regularly often available as is every Newcastle pub atm a nice pale ale is a must. Most bar staff are friendly and attentive a certain leprechaun should never work with people though! Seriously what's his priblem. Also breakfasts are great value and enjoyable and great place for kids

1  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Lobe this place! Massive thank you to the manager Phil! I paid the wrong tab and he quickly rectified it! Not often you go to a pub chain and receive exceptional service! Relaxed, friendly with great food and service 100% will be back!

1  Thank pstuart467
Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Visit with friends.
First thing we noticed was that the menu was huge and vast, I don't usually like this as it means the food is bought in and reheated or not made with much care as what chef is trained in so much food.

That said, all ordered and got fairly ok food for the price. I had a spices chicken dish which came with salad and rice which was nice and fresh, only bad thing was that I had finished my food before other people's even arrived which wasn't great.

1  Thank BettyBram
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

I had the cheese pie today and it was disgusting, I normally order this and it's nice but today it taste like something in it was off. Never again it's put me off it