“The way it should be”
Review of The Old Bakery

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenilworth
The Old Bakery
Ranked #2 of 8 Kenilworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2016

I love this place. It's first choice for me and four friends on our annual visits to the National Vintage Communications Fair near Leamington Spa.
The current owners have the OB up or sale; I only hope any new owners will maintain the high standard - and change nothing! It's perfect.
It's clean and well maintained; the beds are comfortable and the Full English Breakfast menu is superb, a meal to set you up for the day. The hosts are thoroughly good people, cheerful and helpful; such a shame they are retiring but they've earned a rest after the effort they put into this place.
The bar is open evenings-only from 5pm. Fine beers, some local, are superbly kept on draught. The bar is popular with residents and locals alike; no need to explain why.
There's a kind of mature, respectful and welcoming atmosphere here. No children have been present when I've stayed. I don't suggest for a moment they're not welcome; just my prejudice born of experiences elsewhere...

Room Tip: There's no significant traffic noise but first-floor rooms get less sound from the hotel's c...
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Old Bakery

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I travel to the area for work and have stayed here since I discovered the place. As a single female traveller I value feeling welcome, safe and a decent bed! I get everything here. Breakfast is good. All the staff are welcoming and i'm happy to sit in the bar on my own with a book.
Sleep quality: 10/10
Food: 8/10
Service 10/10
I'll be going back!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Ceri O
Reviewed 19 June 2016

Really nice hotel. Location is great and room was lovely. Very clean room. Very comfy bed. Plenty for breakfast. Great choice of teas and coffees and biscuits in room. Friendly staff. Would love to go back.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I often drink here and the beer is always great. They usually have beers in from local breweries and always change them on what seems like a daily basis. If you are unsure which to drink you can always try the option of 3 1/3 pints.This is a family run hotel/bar and is always very friendly.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Frequently drink here as it is a great little pub. A small bar with a great selection of ales ad lager etc. They always serve Wye valley ale which is fantastic as its personally one of my favourites. Either HPA, BUTTY BACHE or DOROTHY GOODBODY. Haven't eaten here however so can't comment on that element. None the less if you want to have a great pint in a good atmosphere this is the place.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family