“what a little gem”

The Waterside Brasserie
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I visited for lunch with my husband after visiting the markets every where was rammed. We did not have a booking we just walked in off the street.The staff were very welcoming and found us a lovely table in the window.We were given the menu and had our drink order taken.We decided on the 3 course set menu. I had the Squid to start the chicken leg for main and sticky toffee pudding for desert.My husband had the terrine to start chicken leg for main and minced pie for dessert.The food was amazing and priced reasonably.The staff were all very friendley and could not do enough for us.I will definitely go back the next time I'm in Stratford .

1  Thank dandjbaker

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Arrived just after the kitchen had closed on a very busy day, and yet the charming staff checked with the chef who agreed to prepare me whatever I desired. I chose a delicious croque monsieir, and would recommend it. We enjoyed the welcoming and informal atmosphere. Will be visiting again soon.

1  Thank Jeremy B
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

It wasn't busy at all in fact we were first in the restaurant. The waitresses talked amongst themselves most of the time whilst we waited to give our order, to get our food, to have the table cleared.
A rather ordinary salad with very little dressing. The nicest thing was the warm bread. No one really seemed to be in charge, the entrance seemed neglected and for a restaurant and hotel right opposite the theatre and therefore a captive audience as it were not particularly inviting or welcoming. Would I go here again? I don't think so. Not a cheap option either.

1  Thank HoneyD337
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

This was a nice hotel, the afternoon tea was ok, however we have had better, a few tiny sandwiches cakes and tea and coffee, and the staff were friendly enough.... an average experience. We did have a lovely walk around Stratford which was great and there was lots to see.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We didn't stay in the hotel, just went in on Sunday afternoon for drinks. The bar and restaurant seemed very disorganised and most tables needed clearing. Staff were very pleasant but not know what pinot grigio is. The wine is ridiculously expensive with the cheapest bottle being £26.95! There are an abundance of nicer places to drink in around Stratford. I wouldn't return