“Great location and lovely hotel”

Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Room was ground floor so couldn't leave the curtains open really but it was a good size with very large wardrobes. The bathroom was okay quite large but a bit old.
Staff throughout were very helpful and offered directions, free parking, taking things to rooms etc

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
James B, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear nessyville
Thankyou very much for your feedback following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor.
I have noted your comments regarding the location of your room but I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and this did not detract from your experience too much.

I will share your lovely comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Stratford upon Avon.
James Bee

Write a ReviewReviews (2,532)

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Beautiful building with ample parking. Room was good although could have done with a vacuum. Other than that, spotless. Service and staff very good although restaurant slightly overpriced for portion size.

Room Tip: Go for a room further back - ours was the first along the corridor and other guests were still talki...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear lindagreenwood
Thankyou for your feedback following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor. I appreciate all comments as an opportunity to review our service and standards, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I have noted your feedback regarding portion size and I will follow this up with my Chef.
In addition I will share your lovely comments with the staff. Thankyou.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back when you next return to Stratford upon Avon.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night recently when we decided to have an impromptu visit to Stratford upon Avon. Very nice hotel, well maintained. The family room we had was very spacious and ideal. We had breakfast and dinner in the hotel, both of which were very good. For dessert I had sticky toffee pudding and it was probably the best one I had ever had! Location also ideal - the hotel is in the heart of Stratford and only 5 minutes walk into town. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Lepps_in_Stanmore
Thank you very much for your lovely comments following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I would agree that our location is very convenient to visit Stratford town centre and all its amenities. I will share your comments with the team, especially the Chef.

Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Macdonald Alveston Manor in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

The hotel was excellant, the food very good and the staff friendly and efficient. Our only problem was the location of our room ( Room 217 ) which was the furthest from reception and the other facilities.

Room Tip: Choose the first floor
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear John886809
Thankyou very much for your feedback following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel. I appreciate all comments as an opportunity to review our standards and service.

I have noted your comments regarding your room, but I am glad that this did not detract from your stay.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back when you visit Stratford upon Avon in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

The hotel had very good facilities with a really nice gym, swimming pool and sauna .

The restaurant was very traditional but the quality of the meals were excellent. The speed of service was not quick in the evening, this might have been because they were short of staff, but then if people want 'fast food' this isn't the place they would be better going to a local fast food outlet. The staff were very helpful and the service at breakfast was quicker.

The reception staff were very eager to please and very professional and 'all in all' we had a great visit. The centre of Stratford was in easy walking distance and this helped make our trip 'one to remember'.

We chose the hotel with a gift voucher from our daughter and because of the staff , location and facilities we had a great time.

Room Tip: If you like using the pool and sports facilities then your best location is past the dining room to...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear _jothom7
Thank you very much for your lovely comments following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I agree that our location is convenient for enjoying Stratford upon Avon and it amenities, and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Thankyou again,