2,713 results
All reviews coach house lovely hotel town centre spa treatments evening meal leisure facilities old building short break few minutes walk within easy walking distance afternoon tea a lovely stay stratford wedding character theatre beams
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Beautiful building with ample parking. Room was good although could have done with a vacuum. Other than that, spotless. Service and staff very good although restaurant slightly overpriced for portion size.

Room Tip: Go for a room further back - ours was the first along the corridor and other guests were still talking and a bit loud.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
James B, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear lindagreenwood
Thankyou for your feedback following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor. I appreciate all comments as an opportunity to review our service and standards, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I have noted your feedback regarding portion size and I will follow this up with my Chef.
In addition I will share your lovely comments with the staff. Thankyou.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back when you next return to Stratford upon Avon.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night recently when we decided to have an impromptu visit to Stratford upon Avon. Very nice hotel, well maintained. The family room we had was very spacious and ideal. We had breakfast and dinner in the hotel, both of which were very good. For dessert I had sticky toffee pudding and it was probably the best one I had ever had! Location also ideal - the hotel is in the heart of Stratford and only 5 minutes walk into town. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Lepps_in_Stanmore
Thank you very much for your lovely comments following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I would agree that our location is very convenient to visit Stratford town centre and all its amenities. I will share your comments with the team, especially the Chef.

Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Macdonald Alveston Manor in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

The hotel was excellant, the food very good and the staff friendly and efficient. Our only problem was the location of our room ( Room 217 ) which was the furthest from reception and the other facilities.

Room Tip: Choose the first floor
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear John886809
Thankyou very much for your feedback following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel. I appreciate all comments as an opportunity to review our standards and service.

I have noted your comments regarding your room, but I am glad that this did not detract from your stay.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back when you visit Stratford upon Avon in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

The hotel had very good facilities with a really nice gym, swimming pool and sauna .

The restaurant was very traditional but the quality of the meals were excellent. The speed of service was not quick in the evening, this might have been because they were short of staff, but then if people want 'fast food' this isn't the place they would be better going to a local fast food outlet. The staff were very helpful and the service at breakfast was quicker.

The reception staff were very eager to please and very professional and 'all in all' we had a great visit. The centre of Stratford was in easy walking distance and this helped make our trip 'one to remember'.

We chose the hotel with a gift voucher from our daughter and because of the staff , location and facilities we had a great time.

Room Tip: If you like using the pool and sports facilities then your best location is past the dining room towards the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear _jothom7
Thank you very much for your lovely comments following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I agree that our location is convenient for enjoying Stratford upon Avon and it amenities, and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Thankyou again,

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Again part of the RIT choices, good hotel, fair size rooms, clean and quiet.
Good location ,just a 5 minute walk across the bridge to most restaurants and shops.
Had the buffet breakfast in the morning and it was very good.
Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 61joreb
Paul F, Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear 61jorgeb
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your recent visit to Macdonald Alveston Manor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass your comments to my team.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to another of our Macdonald family of hotels in the future.

Oliver Wortley