“A Touch of Class”

Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Booked hotel for a Spa break and what a treat it was. The room ( an exe cutive King ) was excellent, with everything needed for a short break.The food was superb,home cooked and very well presented. The spa facilities were, as expected first class and I would highly recommend the back and head massages.

Room Tip: Room no.83
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
James B, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear John C
Thankyou for your lovely comments following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I will certainly share your comments with my teams in the kitchen and spa.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mcdonald Alveston Manor in the future.
James Bee

Write a ReviewReviews (2,501)

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Stayed at Alveston Manor for a weekend on a spa break, there was 7 of us and we were all really impressed with the hotel as a whole. Massive thank you to all the reception staff they were beyond lovely and are a credit to the hotel! Rooms were clean and decent sized. Food was lovely and service was good even though they were busy! Spa treatments were amazing, pool a bit overcrowded but not the end of the world.
Overall great stay and would definitely go again!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear conniejones96
Thankyou for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed your spa break. I will certainly share your lovely comments with my teams in reception, housekeeping, kitchen and food service, as well as the spa therapists.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I visited for a girls weekend booked on a 1 night dinner bed and breakfast spa package at £147 per person.

The hotel is lovely we had a twin room. Good job we have been freinds almost 30 years as the beds were practically a double so close together.

Very comfy room. Nice provided drinks and a fridge which was a bonus.

The provided gowns and standard slippers very nice and fluffy.

The spa area lets itself down. Its more a leisure club with treatment rooms. It does not have a relaxing feel. The pool area is very municipal and not somewhere you could sit around and read a book etc. As i would expect at a spa facility. Also they have no hot tub. Again a normal thing with spa facilities i would always presume. The steam room did not smell that pleasent. Somewhat fusty. No menthol type smells i have experianced before in this type of room.

The treatemt we had included . We chose a superfood facial that the therapist tailored to our skin types.i found mine Very relaxing with a firm head and shoulder massage included.
My therapist was silent pretty much the whole time. Very relaxing.

But my freind commented in leaving to me that her therapist continually talked about brexit and her morrocon boyfriend. She didnt really want to be rude and ask her to be quiet. But felt it wasnt as relaxing as it could have been.

The evening meal was a la carte set menu and it was hard to find a course that didnt include an added surcharge. Which made the menu very restrictive to eat soley on the inclusive deal. With a bottle of sparkling wine and suppliments we ended up with a bill of just over £40. Not ideal. The food was tasty but very small portions.

The breakfast next day was very nice good choice and the bread for toast very tasty.

We did ask for more coffee but were bought a single person pot on this refill.

It was a nice day and evening but i didnt think it should be offering "spa" breaks as it is a lovely hotel with pool etc but definatly not a full spa experiance.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay again. Now i know more.

Thankyou for a lovely pre birthday girls outing !!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah G
James B, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Sarah G
Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor. I appreciate all comments as an opportunity to review our service and standards, and I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.

I will follow up your comments regarding your spa break and Vital Leisure's ambience. I will share your comments with my Chef following your comments with portion sizes and costs.

I am delighted to read that over all you enjoyed your stay and would recommend a visit to Macdonald Alveston Manor. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Room was ground floor so couldn't leave the curtains open really but it was a good size with very large wardrobes. The bathroom was okay quite large but a bit old.
Staff throughout were very helpful and offered directions, free parking, taking things to rooms etc

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear nessyville
Thankyou very much for your feedback following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor.
I have noted your comments regarding the location of your room but I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and this did not detract from your experience too much.

I will share your lovely comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Stratford upon Avon.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Beautiful building with ample parking. Room was good although could have done with a vacuum. Other than that, spotless. Service and staff very good although restaurant slightly overpriced for portion size.

Room Tip: Go for a room further back - ours was the first along the corridor and other guests were still talki...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear lindagreenwood
Thankyou for your feedback following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor. I appreciate all comments as an opportunity to review our service and standards, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I have noted your feedback regarding portion size and I will follow this up with my Chef.
In addition I will share your lovely comments with the staff. Thankyou.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back when you next return to Stratford upon Avon.