“A perfect Family mini break for a special occasion”

Review of The Ling Lodges

A view of the separate Wet Room and Changing Rooms.
Front view of The Lodges, totally private seating area, huge Patio and BBQ, and large Gardens.. The Ling Lodges on the left, the Indoor Pool through the Patio doors on the right...
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
A view of the separate Wet Room and Changing Rooms.
The Dining and kitchen area with large extending Table to seat 10.
A comfortable place to sit, put your feet up and watch the large Flatscreen Telly
Beautifully furnished throughout....another sitting area to relax, read, watch TV..
A gorgeous Bedroom - this with a lovely clean modern en suite off complete with power shower.
Another of the three Bedrooms. This Room a Family Room with two single Beds and bunk beds also.
Another of the three stylish Bedrooms with en suite Bathroom and countryside views.
The Lodges are nestled in beautiful country Gardens.
Beautifully tended Gardens....
and  perhaps relax with a good Book and a Glass of wine.
Local wildlife pop in and out!
Large Private Gardens so space to relax...walk...perhaps a game of Football or Frisbee..
Fabulous Holiday Sunsets right outside your Bedroom windows.
Book a Limo and take your group to Dinner in style....
or all stay in and cook Dinner at The Lodge.
Some lovely local places to visit.
You are bound to see the Deer roaming too....
The Lodges are just through the arch on the right.
Just over the garden fence....our neighbours!
Some of our amazing local wildlife...
If you don't fancy eating out have a swim and a BBQ...
After a BBQ the night before perhaps a day out Shopping in Stratford or Bicester.
Lots of wonderful Shops to choose from!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Simon D
“Disappointing...”
Reviewed 2 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Leading up to our stay I experienced a number of replies from the owners that made me feel apprehensive about the stay. I am more than happy to go into more detail if requested. Be careful on what you pay for. I increased the occupancy from 6 to 9 people for 1 day and was charged an extra £200.

I have attached my email to this review following the stay. It is fair to say I had a very polite response that they would take the feedback into account for future guests. You judge yourself if you feel I should have received a more in-depth response.

Thanks David.
Whilst I'm waiting for my plane to leave I have sometime to send to you my feedback based on my experience.

First to say is the context of getting the family together from all parts of the U.K. is never easy. We only do this once a year and it is normally during the week before Xmas. For the past 5 years I've been renting a cottage in Gloucester. This year was the first time we have 'strayed' from the normal routine.

Having read the previous reviews I am not sure how you will respond to this because the tone and manner you come back with if someone offers anything constructive is handled in a curt and combative way. I must say this was also my experience leading up to the stay. Having asked for a early check in and then being handled in the manner I was is regretful. I appreciate the logistics from your side but maybe you should stick to rules and therefore your potential guests won't feel they've suggested something wrong by making a polite request. Being sent excerpts from the website doesn't kick off the stay in the manner I certainly would have preferred. I didn't receive your email until I landed so had no idea of the plan, which was not ideal. This could have been avoided.

The second issue is price and what I paid for in terms of £200 for three people to stay overnight. This was a last minute addition and therefore wasn't detailed in the original request because I didn't know my sister could have the time off. Your explanation for the way this amount was determined is tenuous. If it was wear and tear as you suggested, you could have asked for a token amount to cover the stay. Your cottage is the first I've had to pay extra based on people staying within the occupancy detailed. I do find this disappointing. At the end of the day you can do what you want but I felt, considering the money we were paying already, this wasn't fair. Based on what was on offer, I certainly do not feel we had value for money.

The swimming pool was a major factor for us to change our normal arrangements. This was great...however both me and my youngster son had to go to the doctors suffering from eye irritations that was more than likely caused by the chlorine levels. I see you've had this feedback before. Maybe you could consider your routine on how this is maintained and tested. I'm no expert but I and my son was caused with significant discomfort.

There was no wifi. It was showing connected but the £200 data charges that experienced indicates it wasn't working. We all had to use mobile data. This was something I really wanted to avoid. And please don't say it was and its just slow. On the check out day, when I realised it wasn't working, I tried to connect again and it still didn't work.

Other issues:
No towels provided. I know you detailed this but for the cost...really...this isn't something you could have offered without an extra charge?

Instruction to recycle your own rubbish. I've never seen this before.

One electronic access to the gate provided for cars. This was problematic for us as we had three cars between us.

The information pack was dated and could do with a refresh.

I hope the above is useful. I am basing the above on the cost, value for money and clearly health issue regarding the swimming pool.

Regards, Simon

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
2 Jan 2016
Simon,
Thank you for your review. It is almost as long as each of the many emails that you sent to us prior to your stay to try and adjust everything about our accommodation. It was clear to us before you even arrived that we would get the Review that we have received here.......
Future Guests, please read all of the other Reviews too that we have received over many many years and make your own minds up - and we hope to welcome you warmly as we do all of our Guests.
Regards
EmilyJF19...
Chester, United Kingdom
“A perfect Family mini break for a special occasion”
Reviewed 25 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

I have only recently returned from a lovely 3 night stay with my two young daughters, my parents and my brother along with his wife and two children. We all came together to celebrate a weekend of family birthday's including a 70th. I cannot rate this lodge highly enough, the whole planning of our weekend was seamless and David and Jan are so incredibly helpful and hospitable. The lodges are beautifully presented to create a real home from home and we were made to feel relaxed and at ease from the moment we arrived. The pool was a real hit with all of us but especially the children who were keen to jump in from the moment they woke up. I can honestly say you have given us all a perfect weekend away and helped create a very memorable time for what was a very special occasion.... so thank you. Without a doubt we will book to come back and l am recommending you to so many people. Once again, a huge thank you.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lodge and all the facilities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
26 Nov 2015
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely Review. We are always delighted when Families and Friends enjoy their time staying here at The Lodge. The Swiimming Pool is always a massive hit with everyone who stays here and we are exceptionally happy that it gets plenty of use!
mary m
“Memorable Weekend Away”
Reviewed 26 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We booked the property for a 60TH birthday family get together. Our four children, partners and 4 grandchildren.The grandchildren ages ranged from 10 months to 4 years. 13 people in total. We had an excellent time and David and Jan made us feel very welcome. They allowed us extended pool use on arrival and over the weekend to cater for very excited grandchildren. We were sad to leave and the grandchildren want to go back as soon as they can.
All the facilities made it feel lke home from home, We even barbecued on the Sunday!
Great location only 20 minutes drive from home and we are looking forward to returning.
Thanks to Jan and David Coco and Lola.

27 Oct 2015
We are delighted that you all had such an enjoyable stay here at The Lodge. Your Grandchildren clearly loved the Pool....and Coco & Lola our dogs too! Family time away is important and we were delighted that all went so well for your time away. A BBQ in October is always fun too!!
Jeanelle...
Sutton, null, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 22 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Great experience right from the start. As it was a large group we all arrived at different times, but the owners didn't have an issue with this and everyone was able to arrive when they could throughout the first evening.
The property was clean and slept comfortably for 10 people, it was a good size and as it was set over 2 floors.
It was only a short drive into Stratford, which is a lovely town to visit. There's also a Tesco nearby to stock up on food and drink and a Domino's which we ordered on the second night of our trip.
The best part was the swimming pool, as the trip was a surprise for my boyfriends birthday we had a Hawaiian themed day and spent hours playing volley ball in the pool, everyone enjoyed it.

The owners left us to get on with it, which was nice as although they are only next door we felt like we were on our own.

We would all go back again and can't recommend it enough.

Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
23 Oct 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write your Review. We are delighted that you all had such a good time. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Kindest
Rick L
Chessington, United Kingdom
“Great Lodge Great Location”
Reviewed 16 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Fabulous long weekend stay at Ling Lodge. Very peaceful location yet close access to Stratford made it ideal. Found a little gem of a pub in Aston Cantlow the Kings Head fab beer and even better food.

Travelling group: Friends
18 Sep 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a Review. We are delighted that you all had such a good time at The Ling Lodges and wholeheartedly agree that The Kings Head in Aston Cantlow is fabulous. It is one of our personal favourites and many of our Guests visit this local Pub of ours and it does indeed offer wonderful food and drink in a fantastic setting.
David & Jan.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing