2 people are viewing this hotel
US$87
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$87
Destinia.com
US$79
Hotels.comUS$87
PricelineUS$87
ZenHotels.comUS$228
1,901 results
All reviews q hotels spa treatments swimming pool sauna and steam room evening meal leisure facilities sister hotel reception staff spa area restaurant staff good size short drive trouser press lovely hotel plenty of parking great weekend public areas
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2021

the location was handy for the M40 but about 3miles outside of Stratford.
there was however a dedicated taxi service £8 each way into town which was very good. At the hotel there is plenty of free parking and the entrance looks modern and quite grand! When checking in I noticed holes in the ceiling where light fittings had been removed and not replaced which looked bad.The reception staff were quick and efficient but had no record of my booking for dinner which I had specifically done over the phone.There was no welcome pack in the room or info leaflets which I guess is because of Covid.
Our room was ok but the previous occupant had left his dirty gym clothes in the cupboard.There were 4 dead moths on the carpet and the bathroom was a bit tired with an old stained shower curtain.
We had no hairdrier and no robes inspite of having paid a supplement for a deluxe room.We had to ask 3 times for a hairdrier and the robes turned up the following day.
The restaurant was ok but not 4 star My husband had the fish which was preformed.I have food intolerancies and the chef did me a variation of the chicken schnitzel.A chicken breast with an egg and garlic with chips that were undercooked and tasted like cardboard.On our second night we ate out..The breakfast was ok and there was gluten free bread available.
The staff who were mainly youngsters seemed to lack guidance and training
particularly at breakfast time and wandered around without much purpose.
The swimming pool was nice but the changing rooms tired and dirty and the steam
room floor was covered in clods of long hair.The gym equipment was poor with no sanitising available
The outside terrace was scruffy with weeds coming through and rubbish strewn around.
Overall the hotel fell well short of its luxury description and in my opinion is certainly not 4 star.A bit disappointing!.

Date of stay: September 2021
Daniel Goodby, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Many thanks for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience at the hotel was not up to our usual standard. We are constantly striving to improve our guest experience and appreciate all feedback to improvement where required. I would appreciate it if you would contact the hotel directly to discuss your comments further. Please contact our Cluster Operations Manager Katie Herbert, her email is kherbert@stratfordmanor.co.uk

Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

This is not a 4 star hotel. The decor, lighting and general maintenance are appalling. We paid just under £200 per night for bed and breakfast. The room was on the ground floor. It was dark, overlooking a scrubby strip of garden and the car park. The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable, there were no stirrers with the tea making tray, there was no bottled water available in the room (£200 per night!!) and the rooms are not serviced unless you specifically ask them to do so. The net curtains had holes in them.
We ate out in the evening and came back for drinks in the bar. Only 3 tables were occupied. All the other tables were dirty with used glasses everywhere. We ordered brandy and a pot of tea. The tea arrived but no milk. By the time the staff went to the kitchen to find the milk the tea was cold. Breakfast the next morning was ok but the dining room seats were filthy. The Covid sanitation was non existent. Providing hand gel and opening fire doors was the extent of this non air conditioned hotel. They were clearly short staffed and totally unready to receive guests and treat them
to any acceptable standard. There were many complaints and we left after one night and will never be back.
Simply awful.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your feedback, I am sorry to hear that your experience at the hotel was not up to our usual standard and your comments have been passed onto to management. Q Hotels staff are trained and dedicated in following government issued COVID-19 regulations and procedures for the safety and peace of mind of our guests.

I would appreciate it if you would contact the hotel directly to discuss your comments further. Please contact our Cluster Operations Manager Katie Herbert, her email is kherbert@stratfordmanor.co.uk .

Reviewed 9 September 2021 via mobile

We enjoyed our 2-night stay at this hotel. The pool was a good size and the steam room/sauna were fine. The changing rooms would benefit from more frequent cleaning. The hotel is situated between Stratford and Warwick with plentiful free parking. There is a bus stop nearby for those using public transport. The hotel is well set back from the main road and backs on to pleasant fields. The grounds were fairly unkempt (particularly the tennis court area) but this is due I suspect to pandemic staffing issues. The restaurant has the standard Q hotels menu which is quite pricey but of adequate quality. The second night we ate out in Stratford. Breakfast was good with the hot options well prepared. The staff were all professional, helpful and friendly - thank you. The bedroom was clean and comfortable and the windows could be opened, providing welcome natural ventilation (Premier Inns take note!).

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Many thanks for your feedback, we are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly striving to improve our guest experience and appreciate all feedback to improvement where required. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2021 via mobile

I booked this on a very good spa deal for my best friends birthday present. It was a lovely nice entrance and parking was plenty. The reception staff were lovely. The room is mediocre and definitely could do with some upgrades, but was clean and tidy. We were on the ground floor which overlooked the entrance.

Spa: The spa reception staff person wasn't great. Clearly a part-timer covering holiday period, so wasn't friendly. Can't say rude just curt. Didn't give us towels or bath robes, we had to ask for it. Didnt get slippers so we walked around bare foot. Didn't explain anything and just let us walk in. The hooks to hand your stuff in the swimming pool were rusted. Steam room was dirty on the floor, but seats were clean. Sauna was clean. Both rooms wee small, could fit 5 people at a push. When it was the treatment time the therapists that came along were far more professional and friendly. Explained the treatments meaning we changed ours at the last minute but they were accommodating. The treatments were amazing!! No complaints whatsoever. I definitely recommend the Fit for work treatment.

Restaurant: The breakfast has the standard options, eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans and mushroom. Pastries and cereal also available. Coffee/tea is just a standard coffee machine. Only had standard black tea as option, no other varieties. You can get soya or almond milk but it's by the cereal. Dinner was ok nothing special to be honest. I had tomato soup for started and my friend had calamari. My soup was ok but my friend enjoyed the calamari. I got burger for main which was again ok, nothing special again. My friend got the chicken and ham schnitzel who also felt the same. Dessert my friend got ice cream and I had the cherry tart with pistachio ice cream. It was nice but nothing special. White wine was bad and we ended up leaving the bottle unfinished. The tables and chairs are very old and clearly need updating. The staff were friendly though.

There is no uber from the hotel. You have to book a local taxi. If going into town it is £8-10. But you can get a uber from the town back to hotel which is £6.

It was an ok stay but I probably would go somewhere else if I was to go stratford upon avon again. Would only go back for the spa treatments.

Room tip: Uber not available from hotel. But it is from the town.
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 September 2021 via mobile

We had arranged a day out to Warwick Castle and on their website this was one of the 'deal' hotels. As we managed to get Castle tickets for 1/2 price it was a no brainer to stop over in one of their 'deal' hotels... my wife found the hotel online and spoke with a member of the team to arrange our stay, we have a 2 year old and we needed to be sure there was an extra bed in the room. The staff were very helpful with this request and we even managed to save £5 by booking on the phone with the reception team. We arrived and checked in fairly quickly managed to use the pool twice whilst we were there, once before tea and once before breakfast the following day! Needless to say the little one loved it! The staff in the restaurant were very understanding when our booking hadn't arrived on their booking sheet and the food was good (although the starter & pudding were warm and not hot they were still tasty.) The breakfast was your typical continental breakfast and can't complain. Check out was quick and easy. Thanks.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Many thanks for your feedback, we are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. . We hope to see you again soon.