“Classic cuisine ”

Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Loxley’s Restaurant & Wine Bar is an independently owned, family run business based in the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon.
Reviewed 11 April 2022 via mobile

As with so many buildings in Stratford Loxleys is a charming warren of beams and nooks and crannies, full of character and history. The atmosphere was vibrant and the service was excellent by Abby throughout. My game starter was meaty and earthy, served with a lovely sourdough and sweet fruity chutney, the main of lamb was succulent and pink with a nicely done dauphinous potato. My wife's risotto was a little too Al dente and under seasoned- and a little too stodgy. There was a good dessert in the chocolate fondant and the cheese menu was superb with the opportunity to choose a selection of your favourite cheeses.

A good evening and worth a visit

Date of visit: April 2022
Write a reviewReviews (5,828)

Reviewed 10 April 2022

With the two years that the hospitality business has had it's really important to share the word and support restaurants so I would recommend a visit to Loxleys.
My wife & I were in Stratford for a trip to the RSC and so popped in early for the fixed price menu. We had both been drawn to the same dish; Pork & fennel ragu with rigatoni We weren't disappointed. It was delicious. Really tasty.
The sauce was delicious with the tanginess of the tomatoes mixing beautifully with the pork, which worked so perfectly with the fennel.
For pudding I had the sticky toffee pudding which I was worried I would regret if I was then going to sit through 3 hours of Shakespeare afterwards, but it was so light and not too sweet. My wife's creme brûlée similarly was very light and the perfect end to the meal.
All in all the food was excellent and at a reasonable price, plus the service was friendly and quick.

Reviewed 10 April 2022

Spent a wonderful evening in Loxley's. The atmosphere was welcoming, friendly, and relaxing. The service was professional and first-class. The food was well presented and tasty. I loved the chicken wings with blue cheese dip! Suzanne was efficient, polite, and attentive, a total professional. First-class all round. We will definitely return. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 April 2022

First Class! The staff were friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was great, the food was delicious, We had a ribeye and the lamb followed by a cheeseboard! Two bottles of wine, The price was very reasonable for the quality.
We’ll definitely return next time we’re visiting from North Wales.

Reviewed 8 April 2022

Spent a wonderful evening in Loxleys. The atmosphere is relaxing, professional and nothing too much trouble. Our waitress Kate was very efficient , polite and attentive. The food was beautifully presented . I had the sea bream which was the best ever. Top class all round. Thank you Loxleys.