“Quirky but overpriced ”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Been to the Barn many times but this was the first stop here. Quirky mix of non matching furniture and fairy lights but it all seemed a little tired and very cramped. I was surprised at how expensive the main dishes were and couldn't work out if they are trying to be a cafe or a bistro. In the ended we opted for a cream tea and a cake. The scones were warm but that's only baciase they'd been blasted in the microwave and I suspect warmed up from frozen.
I just didn't float my boat I'm afraid.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Stopped off here with a friend for soup with bread. The soup was good but accompanied by a small plate of tiny pieces of dry bread. I actually asked when it arrived if the plate was for both of us, and it was. There was actually more butter than bread. And it wasn't cheap. Won't be going there again.

1  Thank Fran R
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

What a place. Just found it unexpectedly whilst driving round the Cotswold villages. This is a very different coffee stop!!!
We only had a coffee hitch was great but they did offer an extensive menu & the food from the tiny kitchen all looked good & well presented.
The staff were extremely friendly. After coffee we spent a good hour looking around the Barn antiques next door. Good place on a cold wet day to pass your time.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Visiting the Barn Antiques Centre at Long Marston, I popped in for some lunch and was treated to the most delicious pork loin with crackling and Dauphine potatoes with some perfectly cooked carrots, parsnips and garlic.

It really was the most delectable lunch I've had in ages and the young waiter was very polite and attentive. The food was served quickly and its presentation was top class.

I cannot rate this bistro, and the food, and the service too highly. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

We were visiting the adjacent antiques centre and decided to call into the café for coffee and a sandwich. The service was slow but we weren't in a rush so decided to wait it out. The prices were quite steep - £10 for a sandwich (we're used to Stratford prices but this was premium level!) so we were expecting something special. When our meals arrived they were, at best, indifferent. My daughter's sandwich had not even been cut in half, let alone quartered, which I found odd, but it was easily sorted. The food was nothing special and certainly did not justify the price charged - over £45 for sandwiches and coffee for four! The café only accepts cash (minor inconvenience) and there are signs up asking people not to use mobile phones on the premises (made no odds to me but some people might not like the tone!)