“These Are My Salad Days”

No photo provided
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2015

We were a party of four that dined at the Warwick Arms Hotel's restaurant on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was quiet and we received excellent service from Calum. Three of us chose the very unusual salad - grilled haddock, poached egg, black pudding, bacon, tomatoes on a bed of lettuce - and were very satisfied with it. Overall, no complaints on any aspect of our meal.

Reviewed 18 November 2014

Good atmosphere and really great food - must not be missed if travelling to Warwick for pleasure or on business etc etc

The added feature is that Jury Street is the main street of Warwick and runs parallel to Castle Street where the famous medieval castle stands

Reviewed 7 November 2014

Situated in the High Street, the Hotel is a lovely, character venue. We only stayed for the night, but the accommodation was good as was the service. Even if you are not staying at the Hotel, I would certainly recommend the restaurant. The food is excellent, and if you do stay during the week, they give discounts if you eat in the restaurant and we saved 20%, which was a great...

1  Thank MrGeen
Reviewed 31 October 2014

Having had a long day at the castle my father, son and I were looking for a quick meal before going back to our B&B.

Some other well known eateries were full-up so we decided to look at the menu at the Warwick Arms.

Do not be put off by the prices. The portions and food quality is very good… as is the service.

My father and son had fish and chips which comes with beautiful minted mushy peas. Very large piece of cod and plenty of chips.

I had the chicken which is sliced up and comes with a red sauce and lots of vegetables.

All-in-all a very good experience also helped by the ever attentive waitress.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed in the hotel for one night and decided to dine on site. Very quiet and no atmosphere, though depends what you want from your visit. It was a Thursday, so perhaps not busy. Staff very friendly and attentive, though not many of them about, seemed to double up as reception, waitress and bar staff!
Food was lovely, well presented and extremely tasty. Couldn't complain at all. Husbands steak was cooked to perfection ( and he is fussy) . I did notice there were a lot of vegetarian options on the menu and not much for meat eaters, which is quite unusual. Doesn't bother me, as eat both. Large, more than adequate portions and piping hot.
I did observe that the kitchen was a distance from the dining room, which meant the waitress was trekking back and forth through the reception area with food.