“Great fun and a real work out!”
Review of Rock Up

Rock Up
Ranked #29 of 86 Fun & Games in Birmingham
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I went here with my boyfriend and parents and we had a real laugh!

You get free parking which is a lovely bonus.
Lockers are available for storing your jumpers and bags.
Safety briefing was clear and reassured us.

In defence of the staff (after reading another recent review) we found all of them to be lovely! Lots of advice, encouragement and banter and I saw them working really well with children who were very uncertain.

I enjoyed it thoroughly and would say the leap of faith is worth the extra charge but very very difficult. Brilliant work out, lots of laughs and we will definitely go back :)

Date of experience: March 2018
Anne K, Local Sales and Marketing Executive at Rock Up, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi Hannah
Thank you so much for your kind review
We look forward to seeing you again!

All reviews
"soft play area"
in 9 reviews
"rock climbing"
in 6 reviews
"the underground car park"
"safety talk"
"climbers"
in 4 reviews
"encouragement"

Reviewed 10 March 2018

My 11-year-old has just returned from a friend's party and her first visit to Rock Up. The first thing she said when she got home and I asked her if she'd had a good time was "the staff were horrible"! We are regulars at one of your competitors, "Clip n Climb", and had high expectations of a similar great service, but although the equipment and choice was excellent here, the staff were not. To quote my daughter describing the staff - "they ignored us and talked amongst themselves", "they looked like they hated their jobs", "they looked bored out of their minds" and the only thing they said to her during the whole session was "pick up your mat"!!! No banter, no encouragement and no advice - what a shame. Are they in the wrong jobs or just unhappy at work I wonder? But since this is an entertainment industry, customer satisfaction and enjoyment should be of paramount importance! We shall stick to the excellent Clip n Climb Derby in future.

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank Alison M
Anne K, Local Sales and Marketing Executive at Rock Up, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hi Alison
We are very sorry that your daughter had a bad experience at Rock Up. We always do our best to give our costumers a great experience and this is definatrly not our usually standard! If you could email out duty manager bethany.birmingham@rock-up.co.uk with your contact detail, we would be happy to discuss your daughter's experience in more detail so we can sort out the issues.
Kind regards,
Anne

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

We decided to spontaneously go on the bank holiday and hope we could get in. The staff were super friendly and very helpful. They explained everything thoroughly. There was such a range of different climbs, very creative ideas and it was really fun. We both decided to do the leap of faith and at the top I got rather flustered but the staff below were very patient, calm and encouraging! There are small lockers to put belongings in and a cute little cafe that does delicious cakes. Would definitely recommend for family afternoon out/ children’s parties/ group activities / date.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 13 February 2018

We went as a family group and it was great fun - lots of range in wall difficulty so the little kids can join in too, and they get harder and harder for adults

You can race up the transparent wall and there are some timed climbs too

I'd never done any rock-climbing and loved it - great fun!

Date of experience: December 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone and everyone! Very clean, great variety of walls and definitely try to leap of Faith! Staff are very well trained and friendly. Good value for money.

Massive thank you to the ginger girl working on the walls at around 11-12. She was amazing with my three year old brother! And loads of help to me when I had a go too (I'm 23). Really amazing for all ages, had a fab time.

Date of experience: February 2018
Anne K, Local Sales and Marketing Executive at Rock Up, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Thank you for the great review Eliza! We hope to see you again soon!