“A++ Guesthouse”
Review of Yardley Guesthouse

Yardley Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Birmingham
Yardley Guesthouse
Ranked #29 of 56 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2012

A fantastic clean guesthouse with a warm welcome,we felt comfortable and breakfast choice was very good.

Room Tip: Family rooms are great,comfortable and spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mark j

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Booked this guest house for members of my family that were visiting and so pleased that I did. The owners were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble to them. The family were raving about the full english breakfast and said the guest house was very clean & tidy and the owners really friendly and helpful. The rooms were good sizes with great facilities, all en suite & plenty of tea and coffee (usually you're lucky if you get enough for 1 cup each!) I will definitely be booking this guest house again next time the family come to stay. Thanks for making them feel so welcome.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mez22
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We are a family of 5 who have stayed at Yardley Guest House for a week so far in a 2 week stay in between a house move.
We found Sue and Dave to be extremely friendly and helpful, with nothing being too much trouble.
We don't normally bother with reviews or surveys, but their efforts to make sure we were all comfortable and well looked after always seemed to above and beyond the call of duty so we felt this was the least we could do.
Added to this the breakfast is great-always freshly cooked and more than generourous-we haven't eaten lunch all week!
By far the best guest house we have ever stayed at and the breakfast has put to shame a few £180 plus per night hotels in London.
We had nice surprise when we looked on Hotels.com for a room as almost everybody elses prices had rocketed because of large trade fair, but Sue and Daves prices remained unchanged from their standard rates.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank barrythebolt
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We have stayed at the Guest House many times. I have to wonder what the person must be like who wrote the last review. It can not be the same place. The person has submitted a picture that does not relate to the story as it does not look dusty or unclean. In fact it is shinning. You have to wonder if it is a competitor guest house making things up.
Dave and Sue will always do what ever they can for you and have helped us out on many occasion including booking taxis and looking up places for us to go.
The room is always clean and the breakfast is fantastic and fast.
We also know other people that have stayed there and all would stay again. In fact we even see the same people when we stay for the trade fair at the NEC.
My advice would be speak to the owners, look at their pictures and make your own mind up.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shelia H
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I booked this B&B based on some of the reviews on this site; the whole experience was awful and I left as soon as I could the next morning. I feel that I was mislead by the 5 star reviews on here, and I will think twice next time I book a B&B using Tripadvisor unless there are several reviews on the site.

The property itself was dark and dingy, walking up the stairs I was given the impression of a shared house rather than a B&B. The person who opened the door gave me a key but did not show me to my room (though she did tell me where it was), I have always been taken to my room in B&B's, which made me think straightaway that the room was not going to be very pleasant...and it wasn't.

The room had thick dust in places, the bathroom did not feel clean, and the towels were very thin and dogeared, There were no toiletries, savw for a small pink bar of soap (there was a price list if you wanted to buy them though, again, not something I have experienced before in B&B's).

When I headed out I was dismayed to read a message on the door suggesting that I should not let anyone in as 'it may be your room they break into'. All this did was make me assume this had happened before, so I ensured I had all valuables with me,

I left before breakfast the next morning, I just wanted to be out of there as soon as possible. I felt that if the room had not been kept clean, I could not rely on the hygiene standards at breakfast. It was telling that when I handed the keys back the proprieter did not ask if I had enjoyed my stay, she simply thanked me for the keys.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends