“Not a 4 star guesthouse”
Review of Yardley Guesthouse

Yardley Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Birmingham
Yardley Guesthouse
Ranked #29 of 56 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I stayed here with my husband on 1 Dec 2012 and booked it as it was advertised as a 4* Guesthouse. We stayed in a family room (double bed and bunk beds) and were surprised at how small the room was. There was only enough room for the 2 of us so I don't know how a family would get on. There wasn't even a door on the wardrobe. This was because the bed was so close to the wardrobe there would have been no way of opening the door. There were no complimentary toiletries in the bathroom and no hairdryer. Not what I would expect for a guesthouse which is supposed to be 4*. The tea and coffee was in a Tupperware container and the tea bags were not individually wrapped. The room was very dark and the mirror was in a corner of the room that was so dark it could not be used. Breakfast was OK. Not the best we have had. There was no choice of breakfast and we had to wait as the dining room was full when we arrived for breakfast although there were only 6 people having breakfast. Breakfast consisted on one egg, one sausage, two slices of bacon and a spoonful of beans. Would rather have gone to Wetherspoons down the road. Not the best guesthouse we have stopped in. Have stayed in better 2* accommodation.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stayed here for one night to see Elbow at the NIA. The guest house and rooms are very clean and comfortable. They've got a wee livingroom well eqiped with videos and books, a T.V and video so you could spend all day in there if you wanted to. Breakfast is excellent and parking is excellent theres loads of space at the front of the guesthouse.

I would definitely stay here again and recommened this guesthouse.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MarkO826
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This is my 2nd time using this guest house, i am very happy with it,sue was very helpful to me & my family,breakfast was lovely, lovely clean rooms, and nice and quiet in the back rooms,i will def be recommending this house to my other friends / family,, will def be calling back to see sue x

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the house are quieter,as the traffic at the front was noisey early in the morni...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Rosemarie M
Reviewed 25 June 2012

A fantastic clean guesthouse with a warm welcome,we felt comfortable and breakfast choice was very good.

Room Tip: Family rooms are great,comfortable and spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mark j
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Booked this guest house for members of my family that were visiting and so pleased that I did. The owners were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble to them. The family were raving about the full english breakfast and said the guest house was very clean & tidy and the owners really friendly and helpful. The rooms were good sizes with great facilities, all en suite & plenty of tea and coffee (usually you're lucky if you get enough for 1 cup each!) I will definitely be booking this guest house again next time the family come to stay. Thanks for making them feel so welcome.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family