“Good food and great service. ”
Review of Peacock Inn

Peacock Inn
Ranked #311 of 2,376 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our Easter Sunday family meal turned out to be a very good experience at the Peacock Inn.
The food was good quality along with good portions.
The service from Kirsty was very good and will mean we will certainly be returning here.

Elliott R, General Manager at Peacock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Andre B,

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your Easter Sunday meal with us. I will pass on your kind comments to Kirsty. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

New manager Elliott (who has improved the place no end) laid on a lovely buffet for our friends 60th birthday. We enjoyed a lovely afternoon with good beer and excellent service from the staff

Hi Keith R, thank you for your review. I’m very glad to hear you enjoyed the buffet for your friends 60th birthday. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have been a few times to The Peacock and always found the staff very friendly and food good, especially the Sunday roasts. However the pie I ordered tonight was just pastry with very little meat. I told the waitress and she just said sorry. A good job that I wasn’t that Hungry because I wasn’t offered anything else. No refund, not even a complimentary drink. I don’t think it mattered that we were not satisfied with the meal. This is a pub that we can walk too but not sure that they want our custom

2  Thank Naomi M

Hi Naomi M, please let me apologise on the level of food quality you received on your recent visit with us at the Peacock. I can assure you this isn’t he standard we strive for and for this I am deeply sorry we failed to deliver to yourself on this occasion. I have passed on your comments in regards to the pie to our kitchen manager who will pass this onto our suppliers. We would love for you to give us another try. Kind regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went for an immpromptu family meal tonight and had a very enjoyable time. Food was fine and service was very good, Kirsty (welcome back!) and Paige who served us were very pleasant indeed and always make us feel welcome.

Hi rskings, thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your family meal with us. I will pass on your kind comments to kirsty and Paige. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well the service had improved and also the cooking of the food since we ate a couple of months past when the meal was well below par

Review collected in partnership with Greene King

Hi Trevor H, thank you for your review, sorry to hear of your previous visit, but we are happy to hear of the improvement and will endeavour to continue improving under new management. Kind regards.