“Disappointing”

The Texan Roadhouse Sports Bar and Grill
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in for our usual Sunday afternoon drink. We were in a group of 4 and asked whether we could push 2 empty tables of 2 together. A member of staff who was frankly really rude said she needed to ask the manager whether we could push the tables together. She went and asked and came back saying we weren't allowed to push the 2 (empty unreserved) tables together as there wasn't space to do it?! As a result, this venue not only lost 4 paying customers tonight, but loyal and regular custom.

1  Thank Desigirl2014

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

The Texan is a really cool venue, with fake buffalo heads on the walls, loads of screens for the football and good American beers on tap. The whole place just has a bit of a weird vibe though.... it’s hard to describe but it feels a bit try hard??
I had a pizza to share (I think Monday nights do deals like 2 for £12 or something) and it was ok. Big potion size for the money but not the best quality... but then you expect that for the price!
I would go back but wouldn’t rush there. There are better places in the JQ down h road or just a few minutes further into town (try the beirkeller on broadstreet, that is amazing!)

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Visited this bar on 10/03 to watch the football, walked into the bar 2 minutes after it opened and sat down in front of a screen. A member of staff came over and told us we had to moved as this was a table for 4 and there was only 2 of us. The only tables available faced a wall so we couldn't see the screens. A few minutes later another 2 people came in and sat at the table I was originally sat at and nothing was said. I spoke with the manager who's general attitude was poor and shrugged his shoulders stating he had minimal covers, and we should just move the seats around so we could see the screen. I was disgusted with the service and it was a shame as I had visited the venue before and enjoyed the food. Will never visit again - Avoid!!!

2  Thank Adherd1
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Visited early afternoon on 10/03 with a friend for some food and few beers whilst watching the football. When ordering drinks we were asked to move tables as they wanted the four person table to left free incase a group or three or four people turned up. We were offered an alternative where it was impossible to watch the football therefore we had to leave. When leaving we asked the manager who basically didn't care and asked "well can't you just move some chairs further away". I have never witnessed such rude staff in my life. Will not return!

1  Thank Dan7456
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

We popped in for a quick early, light dinner and were pleasantly surprised. We chose buffalo wings, potato skins and mac and cheese. All were served hot and fresh. The place is very relaxed and feels like an American bar diner.