2,121 results
All reviewssymphony hallbit datedcomfy bedfull englishbull ringniabullringarena
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

I've never had such a horrible night in a hotel in all my life. I'm so tired I feel physically sick. We booked this hotel as a night out getaway for our belated valentines. We were put on a landing with what I can only describe a bunch of feral, chavvy, screeching, slappers. That proceeded to run up and down the corridors, screaming, screeching shouting and slamming doors until well gone 2am this morning. It sounded like the corridor was being rioted.
Then about 5-6am I believe the heating comes on which in our room sounded like trying to sleep through thunder.

We booked a night to ourselves to have a quiet romantic night away and dinner at the mailbox, it's turned into a nightmare. We expressed our disappointment at reception when leaving.

We were given the email for the hotel reception when asked who we complain too.

I forgot to mention the broken head board that wasn't attached to the wall and room that was by no means decorated to the standard in the pictures you book from.

Never again. It's 10am I'm at home feeling like I've had a night up with the kids ill, rather than feeling refreshed and relaxed.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank louise b
DLane, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

Dear Weezyann

Thank you for your review and for your email which I have responded to directly and I am sorry I was unable to resolve this with you before sharing on a public forum.

I was disappointed to hear that some of our guests did not extend the courtesy of being quiet and follow the etiquette both you and I would expect of any hotel and I can fully appreciate the frustration and discomfort this caused. Whilst we do conduct regular floor walks overnight I have asked that their frequency be increased, particularly at weekends to avoid any future repetition.

I have also asked may maintenance team to check the room in which you stayed to identify the source of the noise and by your description I suspect this could be the radiator which may require bleeding. Again I am sorry for this disruption which compounded with the noise from earlier in the evening must have left you particularly angry. My team will also be conducting a full refresh of this room in order to address the maintenance issues you highlighted.

With renewed apologies

Reviewed 21 February 2016

The room quality is as expected, nothing more nothing less. The receptionist was very friendly. The location is right next to the library and near the canal. Walking distance to bull ring. Definitely recommended for city tourist.
Back to the main point, the restaurant has the most authentic asian food I have ever tried in UK. Both of us went there for dinner both nights when we were there. So if you have issue in choosing restaurant for dinner, that restaurant will not disappoint you.

Room Tip: This hotel is next a busy road, noise should be expected overnight.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Dear Tze T

Thank you so much for your kind words and Im pleased to read that you enjoyed the food at Bugis Street Brasserie.

We have a brigade of Singaporean and Malaysian chefs who do their very best to make the food as authentic as possible and I will share your kind words with them.

Next time you are here, try the Nasi Goring which is my personal favourite!

Best regards

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed overnight in one of the suites, very comfortable,clean and spacious but does need decor modernising. Ideal location right near the ICC, Broad St, the Rep and just a five min walk to city centre.
Hotel bar very nice,food good and staff polite and helpful.
We'd stay again :-)

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Louise S

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review and I was pleased to hear you found the room comfortable and clean. Indeed, we are located in the middle of the city which is ideal for all of the major venues and attractions.

Thanks for your kind words with regards to the team here and the food which I will pass on to them. We are also in the process of redecorating our rooms so hopefully next time you stay you will see the difference.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Start with hardly any parking, building working! They don't tell you when you book! Stayed in one of their top suites with a friend. To say the Devore was shabby it's a bit of an understatement. Called the millennium and the furnishings certainly show it's been well used since 2000!
Uncomfortable sofa, worn out and well past its best. The bed was rock hard and don't get me saturated on the luxury bathroom! Jacuzzi didn't work, not that you want to linger in the mould ridden grouting around the tub and thank god for the free slippers the thought of walking on that floor ! Uck.

No in house restaurant any an attached one, which everyone seemed to by pass. We walked to Sainsbury's and ate a picnic in the room! Hospitality tray was stingy. Only one biscuit! Not that I eat then you never know how old these things are! 3 tea bags and two coffee sachets! Good job I carry some in my case. I doubt reception could have found any more.

They couldn't even print a copy of the bill or order a taxi on time!

Breakfast was nice I have to say, there was plenty of choice and hot food was no extra. But avoid the eggs Benedict, the egg was under cooked and the ham was nasty plastic packed stuff.

You might gather we won't be using this hotel on the next visit. Not unless the move actually into this millennium and upgrade!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Abergele2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I am sorry if you weren't entirely satisfied with your stay. We normally get some great comments about our beds so i am sorry if you found it a little hard for your liking.

I am sorry if there wasn't enough than and coffee amenities for you in the room, we do indeed have additional stock at reception and i am sure a member of the team would have happily brought some up to you had you have asked.

I have noted your comments about the grouting and have asked my maintenance team to have a look at this. I am not completely sure what you mean with regards to the bill and ordering you a taxi but have asked my Front Office Manager to look into this further.

I was pleased to hear you enjoyed breakfast even though you felt the eggs were a little undercooked and i have passed this feedback on to the Chef.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

Copthorne hotel, your amazing!!!! Rooms are spot on. Bathroom is beautiful . breakfast is lovely thank you for an amazing stay. Plenty of parking. Not very far to walk to merry hill shopping centre, and a lovely restaurant next door to eat at.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple